HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   True Talker, Who uses it???? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/203674-true-talker-who-uses.html)

killadoe 08-23-2007 08:15 AM

True Talker, Who uses it????

Who uses a true talker and how do you like it? If you have had succes with it tell me how you used it...

Red Lion 08-23-2007 11:32 AM

RE: True Talker, Who uses it????

I just bought one a couple of months ago, as my buddy has used for for 4-5 years and has had some decent success with it. If you buy one it comes with an instructional video; one that I need to watch a few more times and start practicing.

8mm 08-23-2007 01:44 PM

there crap i will never buy any more of them agin i bought 3 last year an my buddys had bought a few of them too they didnt sound right an they would fall a part dont waste ur money bud

PA Bow/Flinter 08-23-2007 04:59 PM

I've had one for a few years and I think it is the truest sounding grunt call out there. I've had some little success with it from time to time, but I'm not a huge caller or anything. The quality of the product seems pretty good to me.

WesternMdHardwoods 08-23-2007 05:14 PM

ORIGINAL: 8mm

there crap i will never buy any more of them agin i bought 3 last year an my buddys had bought a few of them too they didnt sound right an they would fall a part dont waste ur money bud
Ummmmm.. just wondering why did you buy three(3) of them????????

ericstacy 08-23-2007 08:29 PM

I've been using the True Talker (Whitetail) not the (Western) for many years now and I personally think it is the best on the market today. Once you have gotten familiar with the different sounds the deer make, you can reproduce most all of them with the True Talker. I haven't missed a year in the last ten where I didn't call in a buck or more. Last year I got five. Go learn the sounds then try the true talker.
http://www.wideworldofhunting.com/soundsofwhitetail/WhitetailDeerSounds.htm
Eric S Stacy Founder of Wide World of Hunting

EasternShore25 08-24-2007 06:45 AM

I bought one last season and lets just say it will be making the trips to the woods with me this year as well. I was grunting with it last season (druing the rut), just kind of testing it out, when all of the sudden these two bucks came right into my stand. But they never presented a shot because when they spotted each other they decided to go a few rounds. Never seen that before and lets just say it was pretty darn cool.

r33h 08-24-2007 08:08 AM

I have been using the true-talker for about three years or so and I absolutely love it. I have had no problems with it falling apart and the sound quality is the best I have heard. A buddy of mine bought the true-talker before I did and when I heard him use it, I went out that night and go one. One time, I didn't see a doe around me stand (within 40 yards of me) and I moved and spooked the doe out into this open wheat field about 200 yards away or so. I waited a minute or so and used my true-talker and was able to call the doe back to within bow shooting range. I didn't shoot that deer, but I was definitely excited about one of my first outings with my true-talker.

killadoe 08-24-2007 08:18 AM

When you called the doe back did you just do a regular grunt or did you do a fawn bleat?

Red Lion 08-24-2007 08:23 AM

ORIGINAL: killadoe

When you called the doe back did you just do a regular grunt or did you do a fawn bleat?
I would bet a fawn bleat?