Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 01-04-2003, 08:56 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-04-2003, 11:20 PM

Default RE: Finally called gamewarden.

Been away for awhile, obviously not long enough...it's good to see that things are still the same around here. Ease up rem, I didn't realize that you had been put in charge of "ripping new ones". Yehaw.

If I had seen the people hunting illegally, I would also have called the GW. If they were breaking the law, you did the right thing.
Old 01-05-2003, 05:54 AM
Typical Buck

Heres my 2 cents before this locks up. Just a personnel thing I don't like police or game wardens and would not talk to one period.

Thanks for the retoric I needed a good laugh!!

One Shot One Kill Striper Phil
Old 01-05-2003, 05:41 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't think we can say for sure that ANY of the people walking up and down the road had their guns loaded. It's not illegal to park, get out of your car and laugh and gaffaw with your fellow hunters while someone turns the dogs loose. It's not illegal to get ready to hunt. Yes I know what you're all thinking... but we really can't accuse someone of breaking the law unless there is proof. Possession of a gun is not a crime. Assuming it's loaded is jumping to conclusions. NO, I'm not a dog hunter. I do a lot of hunting on public land in NY. There are only certain places to park sometimes. It's not unusal to get out, grab your gun, walk up the road, step into the woods and load up. Contrary to what someone said... it IS illegal to discharge a weapon from the road right of way in NY.

Edited by - davidmil on 01/05/2003 18:43:41
Old 01-12-2003, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

BOO HOO HOO

I wish I had a whole case of tissues so I could hand a box to each and every one of ya and tell ya to stop your darn cryin!

Start actin like grown men (or people).

Subject is D-E-A-D HORSE.....STOP BEATIN IT ALREADY!!!!!!

You all got yourself a time out too!

Now.....wipe your little noses and "Go Get Ya One!"
Old 01-14-2003, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

You better read your book. Show me where it says you can't hunt within 100 yards of a road. It does say you can turn the dogs out on the road if you have permission from a landowner who owns land 50 feet from where you turn them out. You might be thinking of shooting within 100 yards of a house.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

page 7 of the Alabama 2002-2003 Hunting & Fishing Digest <u>Official Laws and Regulations</u>

50 Yard Restriciton from Public Road

&quot;You may not hunt or discharge a firearm within 50 yards of the right-of-way of any public raod, highway, or railroad with a centerfire rifle, a shotgun using slugs or shot smaller than number four (4) shot or a muzzleloading rifle .40 or larger. This law significantly impacts deer hunters. It is illegal to take any action to harvest a deer with the 50 yard restricted area with a weapon or shot listed above.The law was passed by the State Legislature to address safety issues that have been raised over the past years.

also on page 17, under the heading <u>Prohibited Methods of Hunting</u>

#11. Hunt or discharge a firearm from, upon or across any public road or railroad, or the rights of way of any public road or railroad. You may not hunt or discharge a firearm within 50 yards of the right-of-way of any public raod, highway, or railroad with a centerfire rifle, a shotgun using slugs or shot larger than number four (4) shot or a muzzleloading rifle .40 or larger.

[*]NRA Annual Member www.nra.org[*]TNUSA Annual Member www.tnugent.com[*]NAHC[*]GOA[*]IDPA

Edited by - BrianDamage on 01/14/2003 08:10:23

Edited by - BrianDamage on 01/14/2003 08:15:32
Old 01-14-2003, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

double tap

Edited by - BrianDamage on 01/14/2003 08:18:31
Old 01-14-2003, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like this subject is getting a little beat-up. The one statement that caught my eye though, which was stated more than once...<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>I don't think that there'd be any problem whatsoever getting the GW out to the scene to investigate such a violation<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

If somebody tried to take my credibility for that reason, i'd be upset. I've been in many situations and seen many situations where somebody was 100% tresspassing yet no action was taken on a such violation. And that is very frustrating as a hunter when the law officer should take care of a problem, but it either too busy or too far away. I don't know if this is part of the situation here, but can't be ruled out.
Visit My Updated Hunting Page
Old 01-14-2003, 03:54 PM

Xx20pointxX

First of all that is the grade I give you for remembering what you said before. I quote &quot;When I entered the woods I heard the familiar sound nobody likes to hear, hunting dogs.&quot; But yet later you said you have no problem with hunting with dogs, you thought it might be fun. You are just full of contradictions.

Oh, and thank you for feeling that you have a right to speak for everyone. Please, don't speak for me.

I do feel that rules are there to be followed...but you haven't given any evidence to say that they have broken a rule. The last guy that posted just posted the laws of hunting from a road way but the way it is worded is that you can use shotguns with buckshot above a #4.

If someone was going to be so blatent in poaching wouldn't they also do it at night? I don't think that they would do it during the day with 15 hunters...they sure aren't trying to hide anything.

Another thing, you mentioned fawns with spotts being killed and left for scavengers. What time of year are you talking about...I hunt both North and South Alabama several times a year. I have never seen a fawn with spots during the dog season.

And yes I am a dog hunter. But I do it by the law. Not all of us dog hunters are poachers and tresspassers. I bet that I have caught more still hunters poaching and tresspassing on my land than dog hunters. Especially tresspassing to look for a so called hit deer. Whether it is a wounded deer or you wanting to hunt on my land, someone better make a phone call.

All I am asking is to stop criticizing and acusing people without knowing the facts.
Old 01-14-2003, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I do feel that rules are there to be followed...but you haven't given any evidence to say that they have broken a rule. The last guy that posted just posted the laws of hunting from a road way but the way it is worded is that you can use shotguns with buckshot above a #4.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

no, it says that it is illegal to use #4 and larger shot with 50 yards of a road. This pretty much limits you to #6 or #8 bird shot.
[*]NRA Annual Member www.nra.org[*]TNUSA Annual Member www.tnugent.com[*]NAHC[*]GOA[*]IDPA

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.