Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Backstraps for dinner tonight! >

Backstraps for dinner tonight!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Backstraps for dinner tonight!

Old 07-23-2007, 07:15 AM

Default Backstraps for dinner tonight!

They've been marinating in my mom's secret marinade for about 14 hours now, gonna throw 'em on the grill and do some fresh Iowa Sweet corn, doesn't get much better than this!

My wife doesn't like eating venison, so I might have some leftovers if anyone's in Des Moines

No real reason for posting this other than I'm really pumped about it and this is the only place I know people will understand why!
Old 07-23-2007, 07:19 AM

Default RE: Backstraps for dinner tonight!

Sounds really good to me. I Made a venison roast and some taters yesterday, and my little daughter loved it. Enjoy the meal.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

Must be something about Iowa, Corn, and Venison. I'm up in Ames, just had some people over last night and grilled up two backstraps with fresh corn and marinated cucumbers from the garden. Fresh tomatoes also. It don't get much better than that.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:38 AM

ORIGINAL: USNRETHunter

Must be something about Iowa, Corn, and Venison. I'm up in Ames, just had some people over last night and grilled up two backstraps with fresh corn and marinated cucumbers from the garden. Fresh tomatoes also. It don't get much better than that.
Nope, sure don't!

Problem is I have to make it through a full day of work and try to be productive while I am mentally drooling over the straps!