Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

leaving letters on doors

Old 07-16-2007, 10:42 AM

Default leaving letters on doors

hey all. i was wandering if it was appropriate to leave a letter on a persons front door regarding leasing land. just a simple letter stating my name, reason for the letter, quick description of what i want, phone number, etc. i was driving around this weekend and saw a couple nice farms and i want to knock on their door and ask, but if they are not home, i was wandering if leaving a folded letter in their door was appropriate? thanks alot
Old 07-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: leaving letters on doors

I don't think most folks would mind seeing a note that has dollar signs in it.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:58 AM

I think that you would be better served to keep trying until you can actually speak in person with the owner, and not leave a note. To me, going through the effort of doing business in person says more for you level of interest, respect and integrity. Plus the owner may just chuck a note, where in person you have a better chance of making a positive impression.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:58 AM

what do u mean?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

You are trying to convice the landowner to lease the land to you or give you permission to use.

Always, always talk to the landowner in person. Like RL stated, it shows respect and integrity not to mention professionalism.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Face to face is the best approach if you actually want people to call you. Generally, the pieces owned by people that would call you back, are generally not the types of land owners you'll get good ground for a good price for. You are better off doing it face-to-face, which is difficult, but produces better results.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:05 PM
BKE
Fork Horn

Face to face let's the landowner know who they're dealing with, gives you theopportunityto make a good impression andif while shooting the$hithegets a good feeling aboutyouit might save you some $$. You might wantto just start off with asking for permission to hunt and ifthey're not real keen on that then make the offer to lease.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:35 PM

I see ur point. but heres my situation, and then u tell me what u guys think. i know of an area with many farms on a certain road. this wekened im going to go and knock on a good amount of doors off of this road, but in the same general area. while im here at work doing nothing, i was going to write some letters to people on the original road that i saw this past wekened (just because i know there addresses). i am not going to knock on their doors this weekend since i want to send them this letter, i will knock on doors in the general area. im jus thinking that all i need is one reply (usually), and if i send out 50 letters to people on this road, and none reply at all, then what have i lost? time at work which im spending doing nothing anyway lol. i see ur point about being face to face, defintely, but i guess what i meant to say was i will do that this weeked with hope for better results, but for now i was going to write letters to farms on that road and jus hope for a random/lucky hit. of course the letters will only be addresses to the house (dont have the owners name), & many people will prob. just throw them away, but all i need is one, right? i guess im asking what is the harm ya know? i wont knock on doors on this road since i sent them letters, but i will in the surrounding area. since i cant do it til this wekened, i was thinking about sending out these letters to get some extra probability of a hit. what do ya think? thanks alot for all the input
PS - i wont even really be expecting any replies ya know, jus one of those maybe ill get extremely lucky deals. i have about 2 months til bow starts and i want to get as many opportunities to find some land
Old 07-16-2007, 12:37 PM

i prob. confused some people by saying leaving on doors, but i beleive sending the letters is a better way b/c if i physically go to the house, i agree 100% thats its better to talk to the owner [8D]
Old 07-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Flooding a bunch of neighbors (who talk to each other) with letters will seem like a scam.

Quick Reply: leaving letters on doors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.