Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

deer hunting with dogs

Old 06-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: deer hunting with dogs

Someone please delet this post[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 06-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

If you have enough land leased or owned there is no way better way to deer hunt than with a good pack of hounds, IMHO.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:25 PM

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

There ya go. A dog runing across my land? Running off a good deer?

TARGET PRACTICE!
A pack of dogs chasing down a prey animal?

If it acts like a coyote, and sounds like a coyote.....
Old 06-22-2007, 05:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: StrutNtom

Yes I agree - please delete this post. People are stating their opinions and Strut does not like some of the opinions, so delete it. Isthere anythingelse you would personally need are request that can be done specifically for you?

[:-]
Old 06-22-2007, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have never attended any deer hunts with dogs as they are illegal here in WI. I know they use this tactic in other countries to get the red stag moving and other large game animals and it gives me mixed emotions. I wont bash it as I have never done it but yet I wont tolerate any dog chasing deer on my land. A dog chasing deer in WI is as good as dead, stray or not. But i can see in some parts of the country where it is legal why some people do it, as in surrounded by swamp or woods so thick that a child cant even get through them, and in very over populated deer herd areas. If I was to attend a deer hunt with dogs im not sure how id take it or if id really enjoy it as I have been hunting with out them all my life.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

I used to have a neighbor that we called crazy David. I once saw him running across a field shooting at a deer about 300 yards aways. Since, technically, he was chasing deer i guess that i should have shot him. But I don't think that he liked pickled pigs feet[:-]
Old 06-22-2007, 04:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

I used to have a neighbor that we called crazy David. I once saw him running across a field shooting at a deer about 300 yards aways. Since, technically, he was chasing deer i guess that i should have shot him. But I don't think that he liked pickled pigs feet[:-]
Was he on all fours and barking?
Old 06-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Typical Buck

Yes I agree - please delete this post. People are stating their opinions and Strut does not like some of the opinions, so delete it. Isthere anythingelse you would personally need are request that can be done specifically for you?

Actually, I am tired of seeing hunters beat up other hunters over this. It has nothing to do with opinions. We have enough trouble as hunters. We don't need to be beating eachother up. Every time I see this topic come up on a forum and it has been MANY times, its always the same out come. Hunters beating up eachother.

And for your smart ass comment. If you are so much for this kind of nonsense, why don't you join up with the anti's? Thats where this kind of stupidity is leading all of us.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, I am tired of seeing hunters beat up other hunters over this. It has nothing to do with opinions. We have enough trouble as hunters. We don't need to be beating eachother up. Every time I see this topic come up on a forum and it has been MANY times, its always the same out come. Hunters beating up eachother.

And for your smart ass comment. If you are so much for this kind of nonsense, why don't you join up with the anti's? Thats where this kind of stupidity is leading all of us.
Take A CHILL PILL VERN! Go back and read all the post. A lot of these guys are having fun with it, and or, just stating their opinions. You're the one starting the attack on other hunters. Most of us have learned to appreciate ol uncle matts post and he ain't going nowhere. He always has some helpful or just plain funny chit to say. I on the other hand, have never heard everyones opinions on dog hunting deer, and I'm learning a lot!!!
Old 06-22-2007, 05:59 PM

wow i didn't think there were that many fellow hunters that would condem another sportsman way of life. yes dog hunting was a of life for some who have had the honor to be a part of that tradition. i grew up with dog deer hunting i remenber getting up at 2:00 am and sleeping on the front porch of my uncles untill he got up to go. we would ride up in the wood and get out and follow him and pugs his dog in the dark for miles and he would put us on stand then he would take pugs and start making drive and it wouldn't be long and he would jump one and sometimes we would get one but most of the time my uncle would kill him if he was a buck. we never shot does well if we did my uncle would cut a limp and woop our tails.we didn't kill every deer we got after you be supprised at 90 % got away. the way you people talk we killed everything we went after most of you stand hunter kill a lot more deer that dog hunters. and we didn't bait them either every deer we killed fed our families and i mean we had to have the meat or we didn't eat. as i got older i realy got the dog hunting fever i always had 3 or 4 dog and that part of raising the black and tan and walker puppies was the most enjoyable thing. watching them grow up and make a good deer dog was like seeing your youngin make the ball team. it wasn't only like some of you think that we tried to kill everything we could most of the time i averaged killing 2 to 5 deer a year all buck like i said still today i don't like shooting does so i let most of you do that .i won't condem you for shooting them i just can't look in those big brown eyes and pull the trigger lol. there are a few that make the dog hunter look like a buntch of drunk idiots but there are those kinds in all hunting methods. dog hunting was good up untill the mid eighties and all the land got leasted up and it got to be to much bitching so i quit after my best and last dog pete died he was a true friend and hunting buddy and i will never stop hearing him bark when i'm in the stand and it quiet and i start day dreaming. i think l loved the dog part alot more than killing the deer because if i shot him the hunt would be over. please just walk in my shoes and youwill never condem another hunter of his way of hunting ever again. its hard enough tring to keep the bleeding heart tree hugger off us (can't we just get along)

Quick Reply: deer hunting with dogs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.