Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hunt anyway.
88.76%
Find the first flight home.
11.24%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Ethics Police - Question Time

Old 04-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ethics Police - Question Time

Bigcountry,

Well if you mean out of country like out of the US...none. If you mean out of state like Quiksilver is talking about then I have been on five so far.I have done all the investigating that I could so I wouldn't hopefully be surprised when I got to my hunting location. All of my hunts have been DIY and that meant I had to do lots of calling (state game offices, game biologist and such) and reading not only the internet by lots of magazines and books. I don't know about you but $3000 is a ton of money for me and I don't spend it lightly! With all this being said it is still possible that you could show up and get a big (bad) surprise and then it up to you to deal with it or go home.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:31 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: AZBear

Bigcountry,

Well if you mean out of country like out of the US...none. If you mean out of state like Quiksilver is talking about then I have been on five so far.I have done all the investigating that I could so I wouldn't hopefully be surprised when I got to my hunting location. All of my hunts have been DIY and that meant I had to do lots of calling (state game offices, game biologist and such) and reading not only the internet by lots of magazines and books. I don't know about you but $3000 is a ton of money for me and I don't spend it lightly! With all this being said it is still possible that you could show up and get a big (bad) surprise and then it up to you to deal with it or go home.
Going on a hunt in the US is much differnet than say even going to New Brunswick, or Newfoundland. Things are different there. Where here, its much easier to get information. And trying to understand a guy from newfoundland over the phone can be tough enough. And rarely are they so talkative. And I found out the ones that are talkative like to talk up a place like they are selling you a used car, only to be disappointed. These days, I only go on referrals because of that.

So I see where you are coming from.

Old 04-25-2007, 06:34 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

No, I am not a lawyer, but you are a argumentative smart ass.
Easy there matlock before the childish name calling. Do you really believe your not an argumentative smart ass? I am just curious on what you think of yourself. Its just the internet man, don't cry. You like to post to things you have no clue about. Its that simple.

Old 04-25-2007, 07:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well since I have common sense I ask before I paid any money[8D]
Old 04-25-2007, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Okay, now that we're bickering about the size of the fence, and asking ahead of time, let's eliminate those two factors.

Pretend that you DID call ahead of timeand ask "Is this a 100% fair chase hunt?" And they replied, "Yes, it is 100% fair chase."

Also, let's pretend that it's a 3000 acre pen instead of an 18,000 acre enclosure.

Would that change your opinion? At what point would you pack your things and say "this really isn't for me," eat the money and catch the first flight home?
Old 04-25-2007, 09:26 AM

Since my money is already gone when I get there, I'm gonna hunt. When I get home I'm going on every forum I belong to and spread the word. BTW, I am against high-fence hunting for native species, but for exotics, I think it's a great alternative to a safari you wouldn't be able to afford otherwise(provided the fenced-in area is big enough).
Old 04-25-2007, 10:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would like to personally volunteer to show some of you the many different ways in which 3K can be much better spent than on a deer hunt in texas. Just IM me and i will send you a PO Box where you can send your 3K money order. 4 to 6 weeks later, you will get a video documenting how I spent your money in a manner that didn't involve deer, texas, or fences[8D]
Old 04-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Dominant Buck

I'd never spend that kind of loot to hunt anything, so it isn't an issue for me.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:59 PM

Not much of a choice,

You have to hunt. You're not going to get your money back even if you go to court, you are going to lose. The court system is just too inundated with people who don't understand our way of life and to them it is all hunting.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:44 PM

A better question may have been: How many people would have considered gut-shooting every deer they saw that week?

If some schmuck lied to me and stole three grand out of my pocket, I don't know if I wouldn't be temped to get my pound of flesh out of his "caged pets".

If he says that my only option is to shoot the gun, then maybe I shoot the gun.

Quick Reply: Ethics Police - Question Time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.