Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hunt anyway.
88.76%
Find the first flight home.
11.24%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Ethics Police - Question Time

Old 04-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ethics Police - Question Time

High fence is not my thing but it's paid and 18,000 acres. Most of those deer have never seen the fence.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

How many of you actually have a good idea how large 18,000 acres is? Not being a butt, that's a huge piece. Most of us hunt less than 500, let alone 1000, let alone 10,000. Money's paid. Let's hunt.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would go ahead and hunt and take home the lesson to ask better questions before paying next time.

18K acres is ALOTof country.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: AZBear

Let the buyer beware! It is your responsibility to research your hunt well in advance and to get all the information and call all the references to find out what you are about to drop a sizeable amount of money on. I would hunt. The ranch has 18K acres that is just over 28 square miles of land...hunt and next time do a little more pre-task planning.
If a person on here has been on too many out of country hunts, they know there is only so much you can do. Call references, ask questions,look at thier pictures, try to get a feel from the outfitter. So all this pre task planning is crap.

I have been on good hunts and just downright bad ones thru outfitters. Some of the best ones was noname folks without a fancy webpage. Some of the worst had big ole pictures and really talking the place up.
You might as well got to the back of the Outdoor Life magazine and pick out your next hunt and plop down you money since making calls and doing some research (pre-task planning) is a bunch of crap. End the end you make the decision on where to hunt and what you are willing to spend your money on...do it whatever way trips your trigger!

Old 04-24-2007, 07:47 PM
bigcountry

Let the buyer beware! It is your responsibility to research your hunt well in advance and to get all the information and call all the references to find out what you are about to drop a sizeable amount of money on. I would hunt. The ranch has 18K acres that is just over 28 square miles of land...hunt and next time do a little more pre-task planning.
If a person on here has been on too many out of country hunts, they know there is only so much you can do. Call references, ask questions,look at thier pictures, try to get a feel from the outfitter. So all this pre task planning is crap.

I have been on good hunts and just downright bad ones thru outfitters. Some of the best ones was noname folks without a fancy webpage. Some of the worst had big ole pictures and really talking the place up.
You might as well got to the back of the Outdoor Life magazine and pick out your next hunt and plop down you money since making calls and doing some research (pre-task planning) is a bunch of crap. End the end you make the decision on where to hunt and what you are willing to spend your money on...do it whatever way trips your trigger!
Well, tell us how many out of country hunts you have been on? Sure, just like anyone, I like first hand accounts. I like referrals. But man, the internet has not always been there. People acts like it has. There is only so much you can do.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would find the first flight home and call my lawyer. Or North Texan in this case

Seriously, 3K I wouldn't do it.
Sounds like a plan![8D]
Old 04-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

BTW, I voted hunt anyway. In my neck of the woods, there are a bunch of deer that seldom see more than two sections in their lives. On an 18,000 ranch, most of the deer on that place will never know the fence exists. The deer there have a much better chance of eluding hunters there than they do in a lot places. There are a lot of places where there are 5 or more hunters per section. At that rate, most deer are never out of rifle range.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

I would find the first flight home and call my lawyer. Or North Texan in this case

Seriously, 3K I wouldn't do it.
And what is a lawyer going to tell someone who has not done his homework prior to paying $3000 for a hunt? Unless the ranch is backing out of the deal, the lawyer is worthless. (MY OPINION ONLY)

BTW What does this have to do with ethics?
Oh yea? You a lawyer?

Actually, I didn't see the 18000 acre part. I doubt I would take a legal course of action with 18K acres. Probably would go ahead and hunt like everyone else.
No, I am not a lawyer, but you are a argumentative smart ass. You didn't read the entire post by the thread starterand obviously didn't read MY entire post, I stated very clearly that it was MY OPINION. If North Texan is a lawyer, let him answer the legality of it, but until a professional clarifies, MY OPINION still remains unchanged.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I was dumb enough to put down 3k and not know more about it,I would deserve what I got.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:08 PM

I am not into to pen raised deer, but 18000 acres is a large area. If I did the math right that is over 28 square miles which would be about 5.25 by 5.25 miles. That is a huge area. Like others said, some of them deer may not even know the fence exist.

Quick Reply: Ethics Police - Question Time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.