Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

First outting for sheds......

Old 03-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default First outting for sheds......

I went out today in hopes of finding some sheds where i always do. I started out excited and looking forward to the 500yard treck from the car to the woods. half way there i was soaked from the 14" of snow... figuring I'm young and have alot of energy, I continued to the woods. Once i got there, I was drained. I spooked 50 or so turkeys, and made one heck of a trail. I'll try again in two weeks when the snow melts.... what a true bummer. Its warm in the city, but half an hour north its still snow covered and colder. Should have know better. Southern, Ontario.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: First outting for sheds......

I feel your pain I was out for a couple of hours yesterday. I saw alot of sign, but found no sheds. I'm hoping they are still buried under the snow .Going to give it another shotthis coming week. It's suppose to be pretty warm the next couple of days here in southern MN.So hopefully I will have a little betterluck.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

I went looking in the woods for the first time this weekend.. couldnt find the first shed in their! Found 13 total in fields but none in the woods. I always have much better luck scouting over fields for them
Old 03-15-2007, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

Its melting... nest week one morning I'll be out. The weather is droping in temp. here. Gotta work 5 days straight next week.... CRAP!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

went out today and found 3 sets and a HUGE RUB LINE of 4 trees from 6"" to 9" in diametre rubbed to ****! they tapper where he rubbed them. I'll be in there this spring hanging stands. What size of buck are we dealing with here.????

Old 04-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

i found my first set this year but they were still attached to the dead deer[:@][&:].... so far in my findings found 2 dead deer an no sheds... [:'(]
Old 04-18-2007, 08:37 AM

keep tring took me 3 years to find one