Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hunts for youth with life threatening illnesses >

Hunts for youth with life threatening illnesses

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunts for youth with life threatening illnesses

Old 04-07-2007, 09:37 AM

Default Hunts for youth with life threatening illnesses

I work with a non profit agency from Colorado. We send kids with life threatening illnesses on the trip of their dreams. It does not have to be hunting but it does have to be an outdoor adventure. I have been on a hunt and arranged a number of hunts for them. Some of the hunts are donated, but some of them are not. Joseph's Journey - http://www.josephsjourney.org/ pays all expenses that are not donated from airfare to food and lodging. Please look at their site and contact me or Joseph's Journey if you would like more information on how you can help a kid go on the trip of their dreams. We have had too many kids that had trips scheduled and did not live long enough to make the trip.
Thank You
Jim Clavier
734-665-8386
cell - 734-637-5757
Email – [email protected]
Old 04-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hunts for youth with life threatening illnesses

For some reason your link doesn't work. Are you mainly in the Colorado areaand do you have contacts in the Southeast/Alabama area?
Old 04-08-2007, 06:41 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I am not sure what the problem is when I click on the link in the post it does not take me to Josephs Journey. However when I copy and paste or just type in the URL it takes me to the site. Perhaps the moderator will be able to help. I will try putting it here again. www.josephsjourney.org
Thanks Again Happy Easter
jclav
Old 04-08-2007, 06:52 AM

It just dawned on me I did not answer your questions. Joseph's Journey in located in Colorado however they help kids from all over the country. I was on a hunt with a 10 year old with Hodgkins disease and his father in December. They were from Vermont. I am working on a hunt for a 16 year old from Michigan now, he has hydrocephalus. I live in Ann Arbor,MI. Part of what I am trying to do is establish a network of contacts around the country with persons that are willing to donate dollars or their services.
jclav
[/b]
Old 04-08-2007, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

hey how are yah im 20 soon to be 21 in july. i live in Cape Cod Ma. Is there anyway i can help i hunt everything that lives around here and do alot of fishing as well!!!!! HOWW CANNNN I HELPPP?????
Old 04-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

oh i forgot to mention im almost a paramedic and have been a firefighter for 3 years i dont know if this helps??
Old 04-09-2007, 05:34 AM

if you get some kids around northern indiana i could offer a hunt
Old 04-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was trying to find a kid to take on a youth hunt here in Wisconsin. Let me know if you have any candidates we can work out the details.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've got some private land in south Alabama I could work with you as well.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:00 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I will make notes of all the offers and keep them on file for future reference as we get request for trips. I never know where the next request is going to come from. But if we are able to use any of the offers it will be as rewarding as almost anything you could do.
Once again thank all of you. And I will keep monitoring any offers that might be forthcoming.
jclav

Quick Reply: Hunts for youth with life threatening illnesses

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.