Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunting boots

Old 02-21-2007, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hunting boots

You are not too terribly far away from Green Top in Richmond and also Bas Pro in Hampton. They both have a wide selection of boots to try on or order online. I hunt in Southhampton Va. our climates are very similar and I have a pair of Lacross rubber boots like the other post stated and I also have a pair of the Redhead Cardora leather(not sure of the spelling) boots from Bass Pro. With our mild winters, my feet never get cold.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Muck boots all the way. In my mind there are none better. I have two pair. The Fieldmaster for early season and turkey and the Woody Max for colder weather. They are super light and don't throw off that strong rubber scent like some boots do. They are 100% waterproof and warm. They feel like you are wearing tennis shoes. I will never wear anything else while hunting. Go try a pair on. You'll be amazed how comfortable and light they are. They are light yet sturdy and very durable.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

i love muck boots for being so comfortable but their durability is Horrible. i used them for one week in the woods and they already have rips and holes all over them.granted im a coon hunter and i put any boot threw its paces,walking miles a nightgoing threw brier's and rose buches constantly to get to my dogs,but i still thought they would hold up longer than that. the best boot i have ever used would be lacross burly's. those boot and very comfortable, and it takes me one heck of a long time to wear a pair out and i hunt just about every day/night of the season.
jmo
Jeffs smith
Old 03-08-2007, 03:02 PM

i love my irish setter shadow trek they are about 110$ and are extremely light and comfortable
Old 03-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Of all the "stuff" on the market, you know, calls, scents, snake oil and health tonic, there is only one product that I can say that I know with out a single bit of doubt, worked as good or better than expected, and that, is rubber boots my man.

Now run along, and go get you a pair...
Old 03-09-2007, 04:33 PM

I use danner proghorns for cold weather and rubber lacrosse bootsfor early season I love both pairs
Old 03-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Irish Setters have held together well, but after 2 years they were no longer waterproof, more like water resistant, applying a treatment only lasts so long. Seams and soles are still great, they are sturdy yet comfortable, just not waterproof. Not knocking them, great boots, and when I say two years thats alot of use, I only use them for hunting, but they've seen alot of miles.