Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunting Boots

Old 06-04-2003, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunting Boots

I just wore out my rocky bear claws which left my feet wet in turkey season.I had the boots for about ten years and can' t complain,they get used hard while hunting.
My question is,what kind of boots do you wear and how long do they last?I need to buy a new pair this summer and unless I am convinced otherwise,I' ll stick to rocky bear claws.Thanks
Old 06-04-2003, 06:16 PM

Default RE: Hunting Boots

i just bought a pair of rocky lonewolfs last year and they work well fairly comfortable.. they have 800 gm thininsulate.. I live in the south so it doesnt get really cold here so after a good walk my feet are kinda sweaty... I have been told and told to get a pair of knee high rubberboots and I believe thats what Im going to get this year
Old 06-04-2003, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I suppose the new high are nice for short distance Josh but I wonder how comfortable they are for back in hunts?
Old 06-04-2003, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

I' ve got a 7 year old pair of Rocky Sidewinders that are still going strong and bone dry. My Bearclaws are only 4 years and I don' t use them a whole lot. I' ve also got a pair of the tall rocky turkey boots which are also snake proof. Bought them on sale at Bass Pro for $60 and are by far the most comfortable boots I own. I know everybody likes rubber boots but I will not wear them. They make my feet sweat really bad which in my opinion creates scent.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:10 PM

I like my Rocky Snake boots.......Don' t know how long they will last yet.....I' ve been using them about 3 years now...
Old 06-04-2003, 09:29 PM

i have several friends that have the rocky burly' s and the Lacrosse burly' s and they walk a fair distance to get in stand and I have never heard them complain
Old 06-04-2003, 10:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have had Bear Claw II' s by Rocky for 5 Years and the only complaint I have is too hot and heavy. (But my feet sweat a lot) I also have a pair of Irish Setter Deer Stalker, with 800 Grams of thinsulate/Gortex bootie/Scent Elimination and they are half the weight of my bear claws. I wore them all last fall hunting and this winter ice fishing and never had wet or cold feet. Right now I prefer the Irish Setters due to the fact I tend yto walk alot & they are much lighter.
Old 06-05-2003, 04:56 AM

I use a pair of Herman survivors 1000gr gore-tex and three pairs of LaCrosse in different flavors from uninsulated(great for scouting and walking) to 1200gr(great for stand and when the cold sets in up here).The LaCrosse are very comfortable and I have no problem covering long distances during hunting season(most of my stands are about a mile in)I had very poor experience with Cabelas and Red Head rubber boots with fit and lasting both big factors.Wore a pair of Rocky Wildcats out and liked them a lot also.

woods
Old 06-05-2003, 06:31 AM

I saw this thing on discovery channel were these guys (third world country)cut tire' s and made sandles to run with(they are some of the fastes runner' s in the world). NIKE thought if they gave all of them a pare of good running shoes it would be great publicity, BACKFIRED. They said there homemade shoes were much more comfortable.........The moral to this story is you have to buy what is good for you, not what is good for everyone else. Why not go back to the shoe you were using, or don' t they make that style anymore?
Old 06-05-2003, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for your input people.
772,Like I stated in the original post,I plan on getting the same shoe again unless convinced otherwise.However I' m always looking for other people' s input and open to maybe getting a better boot.Nobody so far has any complaints about the Rocky boot and some have mentioned other boots they liked.I will probably just take a look at the other boots mentioned,ya never know,might find something better.

Quick Reply: Hunting Boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.