Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

road kill

Old 01-20-2007, 06:27 PM

Default RE: road kill

oh ya, i shot that deer's daddy and he went 2,239.7lbs and his rack was slightly larger than a small car, so [:'(] I would post pics but my petjackalope at them.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

My friend's Mom's friend hit a deer the other night with her Buick. Well actually the deer was so big that it hit the Buick!

So I got the call to see if I wanted the deer or meat. When I got out there, the Buick was impaled on the deers rack. The tines went atleast halfway across the seats I tell ya. You could see sideways skid marks from the tires the deer hit it so hard. It must have broken it's neck on impact cause it was dead. The Buick was a total.

Anyway we got a tow truck out there to seperate the deer from the Buick. The tow driver had to bring in a bigger semi-truck tow because the first truck wasn't big/powerful enough. The second one was a Peterbilt I think.

Fortunately, we were careful enough that we didn't break any of thetines seperating the two. There must have been 8 or 10 guys out there and when we started counting points we didn't have enough fingers on all of our hands to add up all the points. Heck, old Marv even took his shoes off cause he couns better with his toes than his fingers. (Marv's toes ARE NOTa pretty sight - he ought to get some nail clippers or bolt cutters or something).

I tried to green score it but I only had a 25 foot tape measure in the truck and it ran out on just the main beams.

Then some hobos emerged from the woods. They were pretty filthy and looked pretty hungry so we gave it to them for the meat because it wouldn't fit in any of our truck beds. The tow drivers said they get calls like this all the time in that area. They said the deer are quite aggressive.

Without pictures..........................it's all just another story.
MAN-

Have you made me laugh through the years!!
Old 01-21-2007, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

My nieghbors picked up a roadkill buck a couple years ago, it was a 21 point non typical.Kind of a funny deal, at first glance it seemed to have the widest spread I even seen on a whitetail.If you laid a tape across the antlers it was something like a 28 inch spread.But once you got looking closer the skull hadshattered on impact and the antlers were just floating, you could push em down and back and almost get a 30 inch spread, but if pushed em up and forward to where they were supposed to be you lost about 6 inches and it was more like a 22 inch spread which was being genorous since there was no way to tell where they shoulda been to start with.

And for having 21 points and a good wide spread it wouldnt have even come close to making the P&Y minimum, the tines were for the most part only 1 to 2 inches long, just a lotta little nubs sticking out all over the place.Had a lotta character but not much else going on for it.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

yeah well i was drivin along the other night and a darn jackalope jumped infront of me at and i swerved and nailed it and was just kept drivin and heard a grinding sound so i stopped and pulled over turns out it was a non-typical with a 30" spread had 50 scorable points green scored at 469 1/8" we weighed it in and it was nearly 600 lbs supposedly one of the largest jackalops killed on record
Old 01-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Spike

well i cant really say anything until i see this massive giant.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

little-d...you do know you need to separate the mexican's bike from the rack and THEN you score it.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:55 AM

Now that was funny...handlebar deductions...27 3/8ths...
Old 01-24-2007, 05:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Little D and a Mexican, (not to be offensive in anyway)were out hunting.....awww never mind we already know how it ends..... theLittle Dshoots it and the Mexican does all the work......
Old 01-24-2007, 11:31 AM

Some people are too gullible. Get a life! There are lots of stories about big deer and most are nothing but over exxagerations and lies. [:-]
Old 01-24-2007, 12:35 PM

You guys are freakin' halarious.

Quick Reply: road kill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.