Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how does walmart do it!

Old 12-12-2006, 08:07 PM

Default RE: how does walmart do it!

ORIGINAL: enginegrunt

I chose my profession. So did you. All I said was don't steroetype a group of people because they are union. Majority of us are not lazy and never will be. Thanks for thinking so clearly on the subject
You brought up the cop - fire fighter thing, what you could have posted was: "You should not sterotype, not every one is lazy because they are union period." Seems to me when you added the firefighter - cop part you where tring to get respect because you are a fire fighter, I just didn't see the need for that part of thestatement.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can in fact go to ANY WM and special order the more expensive guns ie Browning and Rossi and such if you want.
A little known but true fact. I ordered a Tikka T-3 from Wal-Mart and paid a whopping 458 dollars for it.

The Gunsmith asks you where did you buy this?(and he already knows where it was bought from) and you tell him I bought it at Wallyworld because it was $30 cheaper than what you can sell it for.... I hope he tells you have a nice day, and go see if wallyworld will fix it for you!
I've never met a gunsmith that gave*Deleted*where you bought a gun thatwas brought to him because quite frankly it's none of his*Deleted* business. I had a mechanic fix a transmission on a truck once. He didn't ask me where I bought the truck either.

Why would you buy a gun from his incompetent clerk?
Well for starters because, unlike you obviously, Idon't need a store clerk to know anything beyond how to hand me whatI ask for; fill out the proper paperwork; and work the cash register. So farall the Wally World employees I have encountered have been able to do all that. I know what I need or want when I walk into a store. I don't need a store clerk to take me by the hand and be my daddy for the day. Apparently you do. Sorry to hear that about you. Tell me if you have to go potty while you are in the sporting goods store with your salesman/mentor does he take you to the bathroom and wipe your*Deleted* for you too?

Most of the guysI have encountered at sporting goods stores (with a few exceptions) have been loud mouthed psuedo know it alls either completely full of*Deleted* or more interested in steering you towards what they had an overstock of rather than what you really needed. In my experience only about 1 in 10 knows any more than the pimple faced kid at Wal-Mart and most of the ones who do know a little can't be trusted. A man who works on commission has a built in reason to lie to you.

The teenager at Wal-Mart on the hand is gonna make the same amount of money whether he sells me a 340 dollar Savage or orders me a 1200 dollar Sako 75. That being the case he doesn't give a *Deleted* which I choose and I like that.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:40 PM

I agree with Todd, I have got some damn good deals ordering guns from Wal Mart, I'd rather order from Wal Mart, than from the jacka$$ at the sporting goods store, I could care less how much the employee knows, I don't think he even gives a damn whatI order, after all, he's getting paid to serve the customer, and Wal Mart is a hell of a lot cheaper to order a gun from than my local sporting goods store, and for anyone to say Wal Mart is selling "reject" guns to their customers is complete and udder*Deleted* I myself could also care less about Wal Mart's political or social agenda, as long as they can give me what I want, and they haven't failed, yet. I'm going to continue buying my guns from Wal Mart, and I will continue to support Wal Mart, so they can keep giving me guns at a great price.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:47 PM

Well said.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL I'd hate to try and argue with ol Todd...
Old 12-13-2006, 12:17 AM

Take a look at this link. If you really read this and still want to think shopping at walmart is a good for America, well, we are in trouble. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/walmart/

Tell me fellas. What do you guys that supportwalmart do for a living? If you think you are not in direct competition withwalmart and their foreign spending, you are so wrong. We need more small businesses and local manufacturing and spending. Big box stores will kill us all.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:43 AM

ORIGINAL: jaysweet3

Take a look at this link. If you really read this and still want to think shopping at walmart is a good for America, well, we are in trouble. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/walmart/

Tell me fellas. What do you guys that supportwalmart do for a living? If you think you are not in direct competition withwalmart and their foreign spending, you are so wrong. We need more small businesses and local manufacturing and spending. Big box stores will kill us all.
More*Deleted* propaganda, I guess you can't please everyone. I'm going shopping at Wal Mart tommorrow, just to thumb my nose at you.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:49 AM

I used to work at Wal Mart, but I now work at a shooting range on the weekends, this Anti Wal Mart, bs, that has been started by little hick towns who are afraid that big, bad, evil, Wal Mart is going to come and run them outta business, is so ridiculous, I live in an area that has more then 10 Wal Mart's and there are still plenty of thriving Mom and pop stores, Wal Mart doesn't kill small businesses, lack of interest in the small businesses after Wal Mart moves in is what kills them. Heck, with all of these "evil" Wal Marts in my area, we have one of the most economical areas in the country, so the notion that Wal Mart kills off cities and towns is ridiculous. Maybe if the small businesses had a little more to offer, then Wal Mart couldn't, "kill them".
Old 12-13-2006, 07:45 AM

ORIGINAL: Chantecler111

ORIGINAL: jaysweet3

More propaganda, I guess you can't please everyone. I'm going shopping at Wal Mart tommorrow, just to thumb my nose at you.
Tell me where there is any missleading information in this link. How is it propoganda? Did you even take any time to look at the link and its content? What walmart doesto the detrament of our economy is so far beyond just putting competing stores out of business. Think "Big Picture", not just what you see in the area that you live and walmart came from.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:45 AM

Quick Reply: how does walmart do it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.