Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how does walmart do it!

Old 12-11-2006, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: how does walmart do it!

I am sure they are the largest dealer in guns in america.
now that is a scary thought

Old 12-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

evil empire
Old 12-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Steve8511

I know Walmart has good prices but at what price? The company is run by and your buys directly supports China's ARMY. And think of all the gun shops they put out of business. They give people jobs -very low paying jobs with crap for benefits.
You may think you are getting a deal now but you will pay more watching our country go down the drain and a lack of future for your kids.
Don't shop there.
Steve you are 100% correct.

Walmart low balls manufacturers and deals in volume. By supporting Walmart you are only supporting Walmart not the manufacturers involved.

Yes Walmart has fantastic prices but they are killing Americans in business.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Scotty this is capt. Kirk ...beam me up there is no intellegent life on this planet!

dd

Old 12-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: James B

They have become a cheap dollar store selling 90% junk. Real Junnk. I go there if I absolulely have to otherwise I don't even want to drive on the same side of town. I would never go there except that in our town, they ran every other business out. After everyone else closed their door then they turned to selling 90% cheap chinese junk. I can't say enough bad things about that damn dive.[:@]Old Sam tried to sell as much USA made stuff as he could. They now make ZERO effort to do that.
I agree. They used to sell quality items when competition was in town. When they became the only gig in town, the imported crap started replacing the other stuff. The prices were still low, but quality took a nose dive.

I also feel Wal-Mart uses their large market share to engage in unfair trade practices, increasing their slice fo the pie to the detriment of both consumers and manufacturers, as well as the overall economy.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:51 PM

Dont get me wrong on the subject, Im just going by what i have been told by the retailers. I still love wal-mart because they doo always have the best deals on all my hunting stuff that i need last minute. But i just wont purchase my weapons there anymore. But i do love my wal-mart.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Fork Horn

As someone correctly pointed out Walmart does not sell the same exact models of guns that you buy in a local store. Usually they have cheaper stock etc . The Pioneer speaker example is about the best analogy there was, except unlike with speakers, there is not alot you can cheapen on a gun except the stocks and sights. Walmart would be happy to sell the same modelseveryone else gets but the problem is the other dealers would complain that they are getting undersold by WALMART and they would stop stocking that gun brand. The gun manufacturer can't risk such a rebellion so they justify the cheap price WALMART gets by making sure that its not the same gunthe distributers get but a cheaper version. While technically true, the fact is the real guts of the gun are the exact same.
As far asWALMART in general, I can't stand them. Forget what is happening here in USA, as adecent human being I really can't support what they are doing in CHINA.CHINA is the most corrupt place on earth, nothing gets done without a payoff to a COMM partyofficial. They work the billions of chinese worse then we would treat dogs. Of course things are cheap. Imagine what you could do with slave labor. $6.00 a month for a factory laborer. Imagine what you could build if you could hire 100 men for 14 hours a day for a whole month. For 600 bucks you could build a whole block of houses. Anything can be done at such low cost.No one else in the world will be ever becompetitive with china until the government there can be changed. Imagine being forced to raise a family on that wage. I think the avg chinese worker has evolved to the point where he can live off rocks and air. When the*Deleted* hits the fan over there it won't be pretty. One day they will wake up and the rivers will run red for real.I wouldn't wish such living conditions on my worst enemy.Yet walmart actively seeks it out, encourages itand supportsit. How exactly is that a good thing? Its like the civil war all over again. When freemen are forced to compete with slaves, the freeman always loses because he is forced to accept the conditions of a slave to remain competitive.Thats why we banned slavery as everyone is hurt by it, especially lower income freemen. What good has walmart done for me? Hmmm, lets see. they have single-handedly modernized the most corrupt government in the world and given them the technical know how and ability to threaten the western world. All so a few people could be come super- super- rich because being plain old super rich just wasn't enough.What did that russian say, "you would sell us the shovels that we would bury you with"? Thanks walmart. Sorry for the rant, but just had someone come back from that cesspool over there.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: Steve8511

I know Walmart has good prices but at what price? The company is run by and your buys directly supports China's ARMY. And think of all the gun shops they put out of business. They give people jobs -very low paying jobs with crap for benefits.
You may think you are getting a deal now but you will pay more watching our country go down the drain and a lack of future for your kids.
Don't shop there.
Steve you are 100% correct.

Walmart low balls manufacturers and deals in volume. By supporting Walmart you are only supporting Walmart not the manufacturers involved.

Yes Walmart has fantastic prices but they are killing Americans in business.
Amen Rob.

Even the mention of the word Wal-Mart makes me vomit in my mouth.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:22 PM

Being a military man, all I can say is that walmart saves me and my family a ton of money period, and I don't get paid that much. I don't have enough time in a day to figure out what companies support what, I search for the best deal for my money, and walmartbeing the largest retailer in the world gives a ton of people jobs and they supportour troops. Every major company has skeletons in the closet on some issues...You can always shop at Target who does not support the troops, hunters, and guns.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:41 PM

Cheap made guns? Dumb statement call Remington ask If they will allow a rip off of their weapons.Go buy a gun at walmart go buy one from gun store it will be the same Quality.If you must blame someone for this trade mess with Red China blame the politicians who sold out America.Heaven knows one day china will buy the U.S.A.

Quick Reply: how does walmart do it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.