Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

to cold to hunt

Old 12-11-2006, 03:37 PM

Default RE: to cold to hunt

Its never ever ever too cold to hunt. Now it can be too windy cause if ind when its windy the game doesnt even want to move around.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Well here in Southern IN, I'd say 15 degrees is my limit with calm to no wind. I just don't have the type of clothing for much colder.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:47 PM

Never to cold to hunt for me every since I got Cabelas' MT050 Whitetail Extreme Pants/Parka combo, very warm stuff.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:32 AM

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

saying it's too cold to hunt is like saying it's too hot to fish....simply impossible
I agree its never to cold to hunt my first buck that i ever shot was shot when it was 20 below never to cold to hunt.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:19 AM

never too cold to hunt.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:46 PM

God made insulated clothes for a reason

Old 12-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: farmchick

I'ts too cold when you are shivering too much to draw your bow and hold steady, or your fingers are so frozen you can't feel yourself touch the trigger. Then again, if you haven't bagged your buck, it's amazing what you will tolerate in those last few days. Wind an issue here, not really the temp. If you start to get sea sick in your stand, you should probably call it a day.
Exactly what she said.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:06 AM

I was in New Mexico a coupleof years ago hunting on the ground (first mistake) when it started to snow now big deal right wrong. After about an hour there was 12-15in of snow on the ground and the temp is dropping fast. So it is time for me to pack up and get out. I walk for about 10 mins and find out i am lost so i find my hunting spot where my friends and the owner of the land know where i am at. I have my Backpacking camping gear with me and some food. I pull out the shovel and dig down to the ground and put up the tent. Then i have to pull out a 12in hatchet and cut wood for about an hour that was when my arms started to give with that small POS hatchet. I start a nice little warm fire that took me almost an hour to start with all the snow falling. 8pm rolls around and it is now about -30 outside. I finaly get a signal on my phone and my a phone call to my buddys and see why they have not picked me up yet come to find out that there was so much snow on the ground and they cant find the roads in the dark. Talk to the guy that owns the place said if i can make it he will pick me up in the morning. No proplem i have food and snow for exstra water. I get warm ate some chilly and get in the tent to go to sleep. In the moring i unzipped the tent to find out that i am now under snow. Now i have to dig out of the tint and get to the road. I make my phone call and they are realy close they got the CAT bull dozer and had drove the 6 miles in the back woods to about a 1/2 mile of me. I have to track for about half an hour to the cat all along the way i am sinking in the snow because i dont have them show shoes that look like tennis rackets.

All i lost was my tent plus one aluminum pan and the owner has it now all i have to do is go pick it up

The cold is now where i draw my line it is the freaken snow.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:26 AM

TO COLD TO HUNT!!!!! THERES IS NO SUCH THING............... just tough it out and it will pay off believe out of all people i should know b/c i have Rainoids Disease which is low blood circulation to the extremities.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: James B

Its to cold when you don't enjoy it anymore.
I have to agree but for me the colder the better...