Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How crazy were your deer drives >

How crazy were your deer drives

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How crazy were your deer drives

Old 12-01-2006, 06:43 PM

Default How crazy were your deer drives

you know there's not much more strenuous effort in hunting then the drive
just yesterday I was wrapping up the end of season doing some drives you know swamps,thickets, thorn thickets,scrub oak,marsh,to natural Fields.
it was a Little tough on me this year because about a month ago I took a hatchet to the knee when dressing out my bull Elk in Colorado. So some buddy's had room for one more driver and well I could not resist. Let me tell you WET WET WET All day the swamps where full, the streams were swollen in general nasty but good to sneak in. well two guys slipped inthe river LOL then I did LOL on a crick.But for the one day I was out for rifle season I shot A doe and a nice 4 point Both with my rebuilt 1922 Remington 12g semi auto no scope and slugs only. Its been in my family since 1930 and has taken well over two hundred deer in its day great gun for drives. so I love to here those good deer drive stories so lets hear em.

Old 12-01-2006, 07:15 PM

Default RE: How crazy were your deer drives

two drives this year so far and no dear on either, my dad passed up a 4 pointer on its way to my brother who wounded it and missed two doe. i'm goin tomorrow where my buddy said he's been seein some nice bucks so we're gonna drive the thickets out. i'll post tomorrow night when i bag the big 'en ... hope to anyway
Old 12-01-2006, 07:43 PM

go gettem!!!!!

Old 12-01-2006, 08:22 PM

We had a pretty interesting one back when i was in high school. We had about 8 guys pushing and 2 posting each bluff. We would pile5 guys in the back of one truck and lay down and drive down the side of the bluff. When the driver thought we were spaced out good he yelled go and one of us would log roll off the end gate onto the snow doing 50 km/hr.Drive another 80 yards and the ext guy would roll out. Oh man we still laugh about that day. Managed to get a few decent bucks that day also. We don't allow the pushers to carry rifles in the bush, scared someone will get shot not knowing where each other are at.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't done drives in years. A lot were 2 man drives, me and my dad. A few times I'd get with a big group and push out mountain sides. Not really my thing any more but it was fun and tiring back in the day.