Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

missed rifle season

Old 11-18-2006, 05:43 PM

Default missed rifle season

well this is the first year in twenty plus years of hunting i have missed the rifle season all together. (wife is pregnant and hasn't delivered yet) her due date was the season opener. so fellas it is great to have a new baby finally coming, but plan around your hunting seasons. i didn't plan very well and wasted the money and the tag. the worst part my brother shot a buck i could very well have gotten. he didn't see anything on his opening morning stand and i told him before he left to go behind the old homestead. low and behold he listened to me for once and shot his first buck and a nice one at that. there was no real rhyme or reason for this post, just having a pity party. good luck to those of you still in the stand..
Old 11-18-2006, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: missed rifle season

Family comes first, of course, but some planning would certainly simplify things.

My 4 year old's birthday is in October, so you can see how well I take my own advice. I ended up doing the 'wait at home for the delivery when my friends are in the woods' thing too.

Itturns out that's not the worst of it. Birthdays happen the same time every year. [:@]

Just kidding. We work it out, but we wouldn't have to if God and I had similar ideas of when the youngster should arrive.