Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 All Day Hunting, Overrated????????????? >

All Day Hunting, Overrated?????????????

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

All Day Hunting, Overrated?????????????

Old 11-15-2006, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: All Day Hunting, Overrated?????????????

My dad and i have both found that the middle of the day can be just as productive as the morning and night hunts. so many people are getting out of their stands on neighboring land pushing the deer all over the place. I'm not saying it's better that morning or night, but i've shot quite a few deer in the middle of the day as well.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:10 AM

I have seen more does than bucks b/t those times. But I usually just make my phone calls b/t those times. Then it's time to get ready again about 2:45pm
Old 11-16-2006, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gregholland

I have seen more does than bucks b/t those times. But I usually just make my phone calls b/t those times. Then it's time to get ready again about 2:45pm
that is insane! to make phone calls while on stand? wtf is that.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:07 PM

This year Ihunted from 5:45am to 9:30am. Took a coffee break. Back at 10:30am-1:30pm. Took another break then 2:30pm till dark. I did this for 7 days straight last week. The breaks helped me from going insane.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:09 PM

the best thing to do between 12-3 is to stretch out, let the sun hit your face and take a little doze. nothing beats a nap in the woods. if you are out much before it gets light you should be nice and sleepy.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its like lotto..you gotta be in it to win it
Old 11-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish the lottery was as easy as hunting
Old 11-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your a bowhunter and are out in your stand for many mornings, evenings and some weekends you may be able to afford to skip the mid-day doldrums that many guys (gals) give up on.

For some of us who only get 2 to 3 days deer hunting per year, I can't afford to skip any of the legal hunting hours, if I can help it.

Though I've seen and shot more deer in the first 2 hours and the last 1 1/2 of the days over the years, I've also seen and shot a number of deer in mid-morning, close to noon and early afternoon, as well.

Sometimes deer move out of their mid-day beds when they feel pressure or because of colder weather need to feed more often. So, if they're on the move, there is always the chance that they move past me or if I move around slowly, I might just spot one bedded down before it spots me and I can get in position, when it gets up to stretch it's legs.