Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 All Day Hunting, Overrated????????????? >

All Day Hunting, Overrated?????????????

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

All Day Hunting, Overrated?????????????

Old 10-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: All Day Hunting, Overrated?????????????

If it is hot during the rut movement isnt that great in the middle of the day..BUT..if it is cold and gray...you damn well better chain yourself to the stand if you have to..lol...at least in my experience. I have killed all but one of my best bucks right in the middle of the day. Besides..my stand is pretty cozy so a short nap isnt a problem and I dont wait all year for the rut to sit on the couch.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doe Dumper

Besides..my stand is pretty cozy so a short nap isnt a problem and I dont wait all year for the rut to sit on the couch.
oh certainly..........I keep my cooler with my sub at the bottom of the tree and pull it up for lunch, eat and then catch a quick power nap 10-15 minutes during midday. With my climber theres no way of falling out with the bars along our shoulders.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Spike

i love hunting mid day on opening day of gun season, cause that's when everyone decides to walk around.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:50 AM
Typical Buck

Well shaner72, I was hunting yesterday and I killed a good 7 point with 19 inch spread and 2 inch thuck horns at 12:20.There is a answer.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:52 AM

During bow season i have neer hunted all day, usually i will hunt from 6-7 untill about 11(at least thats what i try), i know there have been a couple times when i think i only hunted untill 8:30-9(sometimes your just not in the mood)

However, im from KY and am 5 days away from the most anticipated day of the year(at least for me), i get to be right in the woods with bucks more vulnerable than they willever be, with a rifle in my hands, while sometimes it gets boring mid-day i know theres no way ill be getting out of that stand, i usually takea snack and drinkand because im still in the woods trying not to move it seems like it takes me an hour to eatanyways,

Guys im only 19 but this is the one time of the year where you shouldn't be making plans with your wife, you knew about this day at the end of last year, you shouldnt have plans to do something else so at least be out there in the woods and like eveyone else has said, if your not in the woods you usually dont have as good a chance as you do if your out there with the squirrels,

One more quick point, if you hunt publicly, or even on private land next to farms that have other hunters, if your hearing other hunters shooting all morning then you know they're gunna be moving and spooking deer everywhere so this may help you to see more deer, all i know is come this saturday i will be in the woods from dark to dark, unless of course i score that trophy, good luck guys, and good hunting,
Old 11-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Typical Buck

During the rut it is all about putting your time in... Doesn't matter, the more hours you put in the better your chances. I convince myself this year and it paid off big. Took this one at 2:00!

Old 11-13-2006, 05:39 AM

my BF and i sat on stand on saturday from 6am til 6:30pm(dark til dark) and saw 18 deer, including 5 different bucks.these deer were moving throughout the entire day.never a dull moment for us.we then decided to do the same thing on sunday, but at 11:57am to be exact, Leetook a really nice 8 pt. weighed 'bout 180lbs dressed! it absolutely pays off to sit there all those hours.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Magnum_Man_300

I believe if you go out all day and just walk around in the woods and hope to run into something, then yeah all day is overrated, but if you have done your homework and know where the deer are coming through, waiting all day can yield pretty good rewards.
100% agree you have to know hte property and sometimes you just get lucky thats why they call it hunting! hunting would be boring if you new exactly when you where going to see that monster buck!
Old 11-15-2006, 02:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'm in my stand atleast 1 hour before daybreak untill around 1100 hrs. i go back to my stand around 1500 hrs. and sit untill i can't see through my scope.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:14 AM
Spike

I TELL EVERYONE I HUNT WITH NOT TO BOTHER HUNTING MID DAY. I TELL THEM THEY ARE WASTING THERE TIME AND SHOULD GO TAKE A NAP AROUND 10 AND HAVE A HOT LUNCH. THEY SHOULD THEN RETURN TO THERE STANDS AROUND 3. ME, I STAY IN ALL DAY. I WAIT FOR THEM TO KICK SOMETHING MY WAY WHEN THERE LEAVING. THEN I HAVE THE WOODS TO MYSELF. THEN AT 3 WHEN THERE COMING BACK IN THE WOODS I AGAIN WAIT FOR THEM TO KICK SOMETHING TO ME.
IT'S A GREAT SYSTEM AND IT WORKS FOR ME. ( I JUST HOPE THEY DON'T READ THIS POST)

Quick Reply: All Day Hunting, Overrated?????????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.