Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

APPLE SCENT

Old 11-14-2002, 11:54 AM

Default APPLE SCENT

DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF APPLE SCENT WILL WORK ON DEER ALL SEASON LONG
Old 11-14-2002, 02:35 PM

Default RE: APPLE SCENT

I have used apple sent and the results have been good and bad. Seems to bring in doe more than bucks? who know why or just a simple coinsidence.

I would image that if you have some use it, deer like apples so if one smells it they may very well come into check it out.

Good luck!

KEEP HUNTING THE GREAT OUTDOORS & GOD ALIVE, PASS IT ON!
Old 11-14-2002, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

If there are apples in the area you hunt, and they are on the trees or on the ground it should work. If there aren't apples, deer may suspect something is up. Be careful about using the scent, make sure it's used in the right context. Good luck hunting!

"If a lie is repeated often enough, the gullible public will eventually believe it." -- Paul Joseph Goebbels (Chief Minister of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda for Adolph Hitler)
Old 11-14-2002, 07:51 PM

Forman makes a good point, but I knew an older man which I have'nt seen in many, many years. He used to hunt up around our land in Huntsville Al.

This man would use tuna fish. Ya tuna fish? who knows, but the man would get deer.

And tuna sure arn't indiginus to the, Smokey Mountains? Sound Crazy I know, but this is a fact, or seems so any way.

KEEP HUNTING THE GREAT OUTDOORS & GOD ALIVE, PASS IT ON!