Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Yankees dont laugh

Old 10-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Yankees dont laugh

Okay, I'm from Ontario, and don't use Fahrenheit as a temp, we use Celcuis. So converted is that about -6??? If so, I just buy some of those Kamik boots from Canadian Tire and some light wool work socks. When if get's colder, -25 (burrr) then I usually add another pair of heavier wool socks (Remingtons I think)
Old 10-18-2006, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

Polypropylene liner socks are a wonder solution for cold feet. Put the on under your wool sock and have a good set of boots and you will be hard pressed (or sissy) to have cold feet. Also, spray deodorant (antiperspirant) helps a tremendous amount. I snowboard in temps sometimes below zero and my feet are never cold with this combo. Boarding boots are a little different then hunting boots but it is all the same when talking cold temps. I for one hate having cold feet and it will ruin a good day of hunting.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm w/KonaBoy.... -6 is nothing. -25 is COLD. I wear hiking boots to my stand w/no socks. My feet get cold but not really wet, when I get to my stand I take them off and put 2 pairs of socks on, then muckluk's rated to -40. My feet aren't the problem anymore.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:05 PM

http://www.heatfactory.com/

they have special sox that have a little puoch you can put the warmers in
Old 10-19-2006, 09:57 AM
EBB
Spike

Default RE: Yankees dont laugh - from Montreal

Hey there - I'm upstate NY but originally from Canada.
You're feet will get cold doing nothing, it's a fact. BUT, you must wear wool. not even those thinsulate socks at $15 a pair compare. Cotton & sweat will do more damage at the end of the day if you can't re-warm dry.
2nd thing, those Sorrel skidoo boots are awesome, but not good walkers. Don't expect to hike in them, but they're the best for warmth.
3rd, those little heat packets are wicked.
4th, wiggle & flex those little piggies!
Old 10-19-2006, 10:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

These have worked for me for over 20 years.

Old 10-19-2006, 10:51 AM
Typical Buck

get some super hot candy (cinnamon bears, redhots, etc), if you get cold, eat a bunch, I guarantee you if theyre hot enough, you will be sweating! haha..... AND I do kill deer! quite a few lol.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:33 PM

Even though I am a proud Yankee from the great state of Minnesota, you can feel cold in 70-80 degree weather. Try spending some time in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait or Iraq, with the day time high temps of 120's-130's and then have it dip severely down once the sun sets. Its all relative.