Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Yankees dont laugh

Old 10-18-2006, 02:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Yankees dont laugh

A pair of 1200 gram rubber boots and thermal socks is what I wear. Don't put on so many socks to make your foot too tight to your boot. You need to let the air circualate and not sweat. That takes me quite awhile into the hunting season. When it gets really raw (zeroish) I just throw some toasty toes down there.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:34 AM

ok, don't laugh. This is for real

When I was in the Marines we would go in the field and we walked everywhere we went, when we would get there our feet would get frezzing cold after a while. Of course we were all wearing cotton socks and were sweating and that was causing it. A crusty old veteran told me to get a pair of calf high panty hose and wear them when we go. It worked like a dream, plus no blisters. The hose wicks the moisture away from your foot, it works better when you don't wear cotton but, will work if you do. I buy new socks every year right before the season and I never leave the truck without my trusty hose. Give it a try, I may not live up north but it get's as cold as a well diggers butt here too.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

In Wisconsin we have some of the coldest temps from day to day. it can be 90 one day and turn around and be 30 the next. Sunny and warm one minute and snowing and below freezing the next. My feet normally dont get cold untill about 5-10 deg F. InWi, we know how to dress warm and cool if needed.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:09 AM

20's HA Ha Ha Ha Ha. You crazy Rebs! I always wear a thin pair of moisture wicking socks, and then a thick pair of Marino Wool socks. That is the best combination I have found. And if then my feet are still alittle cold I will use those little stick on heat packs made for your feet. Just like the hot hands handwarmers. Except they have an adhesive side that will stick to the underside of your sock.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sometimes there's nothing you can do about cold feet... Subzero weather will do that to you... I have a pair of 1200 gram thinsulate boots and I wear a liner sock w/ a nice thick wool "boot sock" over it. That usually does the trick for a few hours. Sometimes I'll slide in the hand warmers as well.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

If the combination of thin liner socks and wool socks fon't do the trick, these "overboots" might be your answer.

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20712-cat20574&id=0006712810623a&navCount=3& podId=0006712&parentId=cat20574&masterpath id=&navAction=push&catalogCode=QT&rid= &parentType=index&indexId=cat20574&has JS=true
Old 10-18-2006, 10:38 AM

A good pair of helly hanson socks to wick moisture and 800-100gram insul. boots should have you covered!
I never have that problem and I'm from Ontario
Old 10-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Hunter4Life100

A good pair of helly hanson socks to wick moisture and 800-100gram insul. boots should have you covered!
I never have that problem and I'm from Ontario
When I have a question like this, I always ask if there are any Canadians inthe house!
Old 10-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

I wear SmartWool socks and they work pretty well for me.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

We're still to keep them cool at that temp........

Quick Reply: Yankees dont laugh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.