Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New Deer Call

Old 10-12-2006, 10:04 PM

Default New Deer Call

What does everyone think about the new "Buck Growl??"
Old 10-13-2006, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New Deer Call

I'm a little skeptical. Every year they all come out with something new just in time for deer season. You've got to know that aBIG part of it is just trying to find another way to get hunters to let loose of some of their money.
Having said that, however, I know that the sounds from some of these really do attract deer - bring them into shooting range, etc.
Long before anybody manufactured these things, people were using their mouths to imitate some of these noises with great results.
I guess if you can spare the money, it probably won't hurt to try.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Worked for me lastnight I grunted in a young 5 pointer lastnight, I dont think youd want to growl with it right now bbut it did work even in the high winds, he was looking for the other buck then winded me.......I love the sound of the grunts, and the growl sounds like the growl i heard last year when I shot this buck in the picture, he actually came in gowling and died growling, of course it was the peak of the rut and its a sound i will never forget, its an awsome sound.

Old 10-13-2006, 08:43 AM

nice buck ^^^

i dont no what to think becuz just like jaybe said somthing new and incredible always come out this time of year
Old 10-13-2006, 09:06 AM

I have been hunting deer during for 20 years now and I have never heard a buck "growl" or "roar" as primos is calling it. The video that is backing this call up is interesting though, it shows a doe that was shot when she was hot, a buck came up as she was laying there dead and began to make this roaring or growling noise, when he did, other bucks seemed to come out of nowhere, running to inspect this growl, the buck had to fight off several other nice bucks....it was crazy the number of bucks that came out. I have never seen anything like this, I am pretty sure that the buckto doe ratio would have to be completely in check in your hunting area for this to work, those bucks seemed to be all in a desperate need to find a hot doe. Here in Michigan where I hunt, there are quite a few more does than bucks, so I doubt I would see the same results....that being said, I'm gonna try it this year during the rut! Why not, I gave up the idea of hunting being economically smart years ago, I end up paying about 5 bucks a pound at leastfor that venison in my freezer every year.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Give it a whirl what have ya got to lose. I believe it may even bring in some does, if you can get the does you may get a buck to follow her.