HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Deer Call
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 09:06 AM
gone thinking

Default RE: New Deer Call

I have been hunting deer during for 20 years now and I have never heard a buck "growl" or "roar" as primos is calling it. The video that is backing this call up is interesting though, it shows a doe that was shot when she was hot, a buck came up as she was laying there dead and began to make this roaring or growling noise, when he did, other bucks seemed to come out of nowhere, running to inspect this growl, the buck had to fight off several other nice bucks....it was crazy the number of bucks that came out. I have never seen anything like this, I am pretty sure that the buckto doe ratio would have to be completely in check in your hunting area for this to work, those bucks seemed to be all in a desperate need to find a hot doe. Here in Michigan where I hunt, there are quite a few more does than bucks, so I doubt I would see the same results....that being said, I'm gonna try it this year during the rut! Why not, I gave up the idea of hunting being economically smart years ago, I end up paying about 5 bucks a pound at leastfor that venison in my freezer every year.