Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Best trail cam for cheap

Old 09-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default Best trail cam for cheap

What's the best trail cam I can get for cheap....less than $100 or so.

Thanks, ths78
Old 09-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Best trail cam for cheap

I just bought a Moultrie game watcher 2.1mp digital for $100, but with a memory card, battery and charger it ended up bein about $135. so far i really like the camera, i havent quite worked out all the bugs, but i havent had any problems with it that made me want to bring it back. Id say stay away from a 35mm if you're looking to save money. depending on where you go to get film developed, i go to a grocery store and get 1 hr photo for $0.20 per print, a full roll being 24 pics, thats $4.80 every time u get a full roll, plus about $9 for 4 rolls of 400 speed film, and im not sure exactly what batteries cost, but that comes to about $7 per 24 pics plus batteries every couple of weeks. so say u get 1 roll of film every week and a half from sept 1st through jan 1st, thats about 12 developings if u will, which comes out to $84 plus batteries in just the first year, plus the $50 you'll hafta spend to get the cheapest 35mm. which means if u get say the moultrie digital camera, a 6V battery and charger, and a 512mb card from ebay, you're spending the same amount of money. plus u dont have to drive to the developers to pick up your pics, and if u have a digital camera that is SD card compatable, u can take that to the woods, put your trail cam card in it, look at all the pics, delete single pics you dont like and put it back in the camera. also, you can look at chasingame.com and look at all the reviews on different trail cams. thats just my opinion though hope this helps
Old 09-08-2006, 07:38 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Best trail cam for cheap

I bought this one for 54$ at acadamy