Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Trail Camera cheap but good >

Trail Camera cheap but good

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Trail Camera cheap but good

Old 03-18-2008, 03:55 PM
BKC

Default Trail Camera cheap but good

I hunt on 2000 acres of private propriety Calif and Ore border black tail Mule beer there are a lot of alfalfaFields and lots of hills that surround these fields some are 100 acres

I know there some big buckbut the last 3 years all we are seeing are 1,2 nd 3 year olds. I want to buy 5-6 7or 8 to find the big boys that live back in the hills I live 6 hours from the propriety.What are some good cheaper cameras out there UNDER $150.00 Can any one help

Old 03-18-2008, 06:27 PM

Default RE: Trail Camera cheap but good

The wildview cameras are good and cheap!
Old 03-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

And mine lasted a whole 6 months till it quit working....

Could be the only one, but it sounds like a lot of guys have had the same problems with their wild views....I did like it when it worked though.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wildviews have a good track record for the money. I have more pictures from wildviews than any other camera but I've kind of moved away from them. They are good for feeders and food plots but that's about it.

I'd try stealth i450 with a 12volt battery pack. you'd be right around $150. Personally, i'd buy a couple less cameras and go with the moultire m40 (regular flash) or i40 (infrared flash). Battery life on these cameras is UNBELIEVABLE.

Let me know if you ever want to trade hunting spots
Old 03-19-2008, 12:13 PM
BKC

Buck Slayer
I wish I could go with less but I have a lot of ground to cover deer season starts sept 11th or around there and I live 6 hours away but I do have a buddy that will be moving the cameras around and we want to narrow down big buck alley. Im not kidding last yearday before season opened we saw u might not belive this but over400 deer in all the alfalfa feilds and out of all those deer 20 bucks forked horn or smaller so I know the big boys are way back in the trees. we walked 25 miles in five days and we harvested two 3 year olds 3x3. we just need to find where they are. We seen a lot of sign (big and alot oftracks) but no monsters
Old 03-21-2008, 04:18 PM

I use the moultrie D40. I have 3 of them out right now and the work great. They are 99 dollars at bess pro right now. I have 200 pictures on my main camera in 4 weeks and it still has 50% battery left.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:34 PM
BKC

Thank you northrnedge I have some bids in on ebay right now for some windviews if i dont win these i will take a look
Old 03-26-2008, 03:41 PM

Moultrie cams are good. Thats what I use.. If you check some of my posts you will see some pretty good pics for a camera that was under 100.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

i have 2 moultries [1] game spy 100 and [1] d40
i was just bragging on the d40 the other day and this morning it started acting up. the 100 has been messing up for awhile. i have heard moultrie is easy to deal with and hopefully they will try to fix them.i will be contacting them soon. other than that i loved the pics they took.the 100 only worked good over bait or feeder as it triggered slow.
the d40 triggered fine.

ps. i used them in freezing temps and the manual says you shouldn't. could have been the problem.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:07 PM
BKC

I just bought two wildveiws for 35.00 off Ebay still in the plastic I had them shiped to my buddy that owns the land and he is going to start finding the pigs on his land and then Im driving up to get some pork chops it will get me by untill deerseason LOL

Quick Reply: Trail Camera cheap but good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.