HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Dumb hunting laws! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/153168-dumb-hunting-laws.html)

MN_Deerman 08-23-2006 03:10 PM

RE: Dumb hunting laws!

ORIGINAL: DougE

Pa.
2.hunting hoursstart at sunrise when you can't see and end one half hour before sunset when there's plenty of light.
Seriously? 1/2 hour before sunset? Thats pretty harsh, and unnecessary.

Anthony T. 08-23-2006 03:53 PM

ORIGINAL: ButchA

ORIGINAL: DougE

Pa.
1.no hunting on sundays(that's a legislative issue not a PGC issue)
Bingo... Same here in Virginia! [:@]

It's gotta be the worlds most stupidest, most asinine, most archaic old fashioned "Blue Law" that refuses to go away!!!

Ooooooo, don't get me all riled up again about Sunday hunting!!! [:'(]

Agreed man! AGREED!!:D

Northwind~ 08-23-2006 09:45 PM

Same deal in Mass... No hunting on Sundays, and I have school during the week of course, so that leaves just Saturday. I usuallyget sick and stay home a bit in the fall ;)... Guess Iwill hunt NH on Sundays, if I can afford it.

Anthony T. 08-23-2006 10:10 PM

Yea man, if you have school or work five days a week, you cant hardly get time to hunt. the only day youre off, youre so tired you cant hardly get out of the bed. What if you have to work over a few saturdays, thats one license that wont be sold. I think they would do better on license sales if they opened hunting on sundays everywhere that its not. my .02

js2397 08-24-2006 05:55 AM

In Indiana you can not hunt over bait. If you ask 10 game wardens what the legal distance is you need to be from the bait you get 10 different answers.

lovethebigguns 08-24-2006 07:21 AM

ORIGINAL: js2397

In Indiana you can not hunt over bait. If you ask 10 game wardens what the legal distance is you need to be from the bait you get 10 different answers.
That's a good one.
You're right we can't put out corn for deer and hunt over it but we all hunt beside and along cornfields every season!

NBDeerHunter 08-24-2006 07:40 AM

Here are a couple from up here in NB canada

1. No hunting on Sundays!!! stupid rule that needs to be changed....

2. I have cut this right out of the hunting book they province provides when you buy a licence

Legal Distance
• It is illegal to discharge any firearm or bow within 200 metres of a dwelling, school,
playground, athletic field, solid waste disposal site or place of business.
• It is illegal to discharge a rimfire rifle, a centre-fire rifle or shotgun loaded with ball
or slug within 400 metres of a dwelling, school, playground, athletic field, solid waste
disposal site or place of business.
The part of this that is stupid is if your the proper distance awayfrom thethings listed above you can shoot. The problem lies here. Lets say you see a deer 100 meters from a house....aslong as your 400 meters away you can shoot it. So if you havedeer in your back yard and someome is able to get 400 meters away they can shoot it (basically shoot towards your house.
How dumb is that rule, I have also heard of this happening
NOT VERY SAFE OR SMART ON THE HUNTER'S PART BUT HEY NOT EVERYONE IS CAREFUL OR CARES.

Lanse couche couche 08-24-2006 12:54 PM

A little off topic, but some of the fishing regulations that prohibit cleaning fish while you are on (or near?) the water are kind of silly, although I can follow the logic somewhat.

On a note similar to the muzzle-loader vs. centerfire issue, how come its legal to use a fancy compound bow that will practically shoot itself, but crossbows are ilegal or restricted?

Windwalker7 08-24-2006 02:11 PM

Not sure how true this is, but I heard that in Maryland or Delaware, you can hunt foxes and kill them but you have to leave it in the field and can't bring it home.

Maybe someonecan clarify this.

MinnFinn 08-24-2006 07:08 PM

In WY non-res. hunters can only butcher and bone out a cow if you leave 1 piece of meat with a patch of skin and 1 teat attached. The whole hide with head attached isn't proof enough to show it's a cow. That is, unless you give the local butch the business and then everything can be bone, wrapped and no other proof is needed.

(You're saying some game laws in Wisc. are dumb? Afterall, that is where they wear big blocks of cheese on their heads! You "cheddar headers" you. :D