HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Dumb hunting laws! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/153168-dumb-hunting-laws.html)

Lanse couche couche 08-23-2006 09:46 AM

RE: Dumb hunting laws!

Or try telling a game warden that he can't go on your land for just about any reason that he can imagine. Or try to tell people that they can't exercise mineral rights on your land., etc. Which, come to think of it, unfettered access to private property by game wardens and their broad powers of search and seizure are assinine.

Surprisingly, its not just PETA types who pull this stuff. There's a couple of folks in my neck of the woods who are hunters and wouldn't allow people to go after a wounded deer. For reasons way beyond this, they are widely considered to be assclowns.

Rebel Hog 08-23-2006 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

Oh, and I'm from Texas. We don't have any stupid hunting laws. Only a few stupid hunters with an "if it's brown, it's down" management philosophy... ;)
Sounds like FL...

Rebel Hog 08-23-2006 10:57 AM

ORIGINAL: NC_DeerDropper

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Oh heres another one in WI. Its illegal to worry a squirrel, subjected to $150.00 fine.
What about when the squirrels worry the sh!t outta me.... ;)

:D:D:D:D:DAnd Chipmonks!

ButchA 08-23-2006 11:28 AM

ORIGINAL: DougE

Pa.
1.no hunting on sundays(that's a legislative issue not a PGC issue)
Bingo... Same here in Virginia! [:@]

It's gotta be the worlds most stupidest, most asinine, most archaic old fashioned "Blue Law" that refuses to go away!!!

Ooooooo, don't get me all riled up again about Sunday hunting!!! [:'(]

lethalconnection 08-23-2006 12:23 PM

hunt big game within 6 hours of having disembarked from an aircraft, except for a jet or turbo-propelled aircraft.That makes no sense at all.

YZEATER 08-23-2006 01:58 PM

lethalconnection- that must be so hunters flying in a small prop driven plane can't see animals and then land and shoot them.

kd7mh5 08-23-2006 02:01 PM

Kansas

It is illegal to hunt rabbits from a boat!!!!

You know someone had to try it for there to be a law about it.

lovethebigguns 08-23-2006 02:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche
4.Allowing deer hunting with centerline muzzleloaders that could kill at buffalo at 300 yards, yet prohibiting low velocity centerfire rifles.
What a great way to put that!

Same way in Indiana. Not only are we the same way with M/L but I can hunt deer with an Encore pistol with a 15" barrel chambered in 30/06 out to probably 250 yards or so but I can't hunt deer with my Model 9444 mag with an 18" barrel, that's probably maxed out at a hundred or so!!

Also, in Indiana I can get a permit to carry a pistol and hunt deer with it when I'm 18. BUT a person can't buy a pistol just like the one they're carrying OR Ammo to shoot in the one they're carrying until they're 21!!

Great post.
I agree totally Keep it FUN!!!

kevin1 08-23-2006 02:22 PM

In Indiana you can use a crossbow during the archery season only during the late archery period . You can hunt any other game with it during the early archery period , just not deer .

Rifles are not allowed for hunting . You can snipe varmints with them , take out feral animals , or cull deer with a crop damage permit , but not hunt .

buckhunter14 08-23-2006 02:34 PM

10 year olds can now hunt in michigan, even without a hunters saftey permit. I don't think I'll be huning public land this year.