Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 ALL ILLINOIS DEER HUNTERS CLICK HERE!!!! >

ALL ILLINOIS DEER HUNTERS CLICK HERE!!!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ALL ILLINOIS DEER HUNTERS CLICK HERE!!!!

Old 08-22-2006, 05:02 PM

Default ALL ILLINOIS DEER HUNTERS CLICK HERE!!!!

I know that places like texas and georgia produce REALLY nice bucks, but has any one ever shot a 10 point+ deer. I know there out there but Iwould liketo hearthe storyand where it happened.

thanks!
Deerhunter_515
Old 08-23-2006, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ALL ILLINOIS DEER HUNTERS CLICK HERE!!!!

Well you're new here so you don't know me. My name is Matt and I'm a deer hunter. Not a buck hunter. Not a doe hunter. I hunt for the feel I get being out with my girlfriend - Mother Nature, she's absolutely beautiful and I don't mind sharing her or introducing others to her.

Yes I've killed my share of bucks 10 and +. How you ask? Well nothing different than anyother dayin the field for me. I don't "go after" any certain buck - I just hunt like I always do. Sometimes bucks come by, some times does come by. I do usually let small bucks walk, and small does too.

Sure when a really nice buck comes along I get a bit more excited. But I love my hunt and I love my sweet venison much more than a steak mounted on the wall.

Just hunt.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:47 PM

Default RE: ALL ILLINOIS DEER HUNTERS CLICK HERE!!!!

10+ deer are not uncommon exspecially in Ill. I shot a 15 Pt. deer their last year in Pike. I usually hunt Va. though. 10+ deer are not as common but their still around. each year their seems to be more and more of them as most hunters are starting to let the little bucks walk. Uncle Matt is right, once you shoot several nice bucks itbecomes no big thing. Your heart will still race when your about to shoot a 10+ deer but once it is down the thrill is not as great as it once one. It gets exspensive shooting and mountingbig racks. I would just as well havemy hunting partnerkill a 10+ deerthan me. I still love huntingand I still would rather shoot a 10+ than abig doe but it doesn't hurt my feeling one bit if I don't shoot the big one this year.But it would bother me if I didn't even see a 10+ this season. I admit this comes from spending a lot of time in the woods I usually takemost of Nov. off. Good Luck, I hope you kill the 10+ this season. Ill. is where their at, no doubt about that.