Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 ALL Illinois Deer Hunters PLEASE...... >

ALL Illinois Deer Hunters PLEASE......

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

ALL Illinois Deer Hunters PLEASE......

Old 09-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default ALL Illinois Deer Hunters PLEASE......

http://www.dnr.state.il.us/Deer_Task_Force.html

All Illinois deer hunters NEED to voice there concerns and issues here. Tell them you want NO part in the purposed 3rd week in Oct. gun season. It's a survey, with chances to to give them ideas on how to approah deer population issues. The comments and questionaire section are at the very bottom.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ALL Illinois Deer Hunters PLEASE......

lower their non-resident fee and we will come! (bowhunting that is !)
Old 09-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ranger6

This isn't about NR fees...it's more serious than that.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanks for the link, did it! let's see if something comes of it...

Strongly urge others to oppose any gun season in October.

as well as"Earn a 2nd Buck Tag"

Personally I'd like to see December be our 1 and only gun season. If they wish to issue extra antlerless permits for it, great, not opposing any of that, but I do think a 1 month long december season, like I believe Iowa has would be a great thing. Less pressure by other hunters since we can spread out our hunting days. Would give the weekend hunters 4 weekends or so as opposed to 2 wekends, and only 4 days, even though we have a 7day season. So if you agree, jump on board with December being our firearm season.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:04 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ranger6

That is the last thing we need unless you're going to take some Does! Hunt the Monster Bucks you have at home!

Solocamcan, Survey done!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:07 PM

3rd week in october gun season is the worst proposition i have ever heard. thats our time, as bowhunters! im all for lengthening the late season. i like snow hunting. add a lil extra meat to the freezer too
Old 09-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Uh, guys, the last time I checked, you can bowhuntfor three months.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Uh, guys, the last time I checked, you can bowhuntfor three months.
With all due respect, if you don't live here, and have NO clue as to what our DNR is purposing, I'd leave these type of comments to yourself.Let me put it to you like this, would you be happy if Ohio allowed gun hunters into your bow hunting woods at the start of Pre Rut? I gun hunt, but I gun hunt like I bow hunt, I sit in a tree stand. BUT alot of gun hunters do deer drives and other crap that borders ethical compliance, I don't want that stuff in the woods in Oct. and 99% of bowhunters feel the same. And this link is the only platform we have to voice our concerns. So all this talkfrom outsiders about lowering NR fees and blah blah...if you want to hunt here, pay up or stay out.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I purchare a license I have a say. I am aconsumer. If I have the most sayl, I win! In addition to bow hunters in general having what is quite obviously an elitsit attitude. What do you do when the small game hunters come threw? And ethical compliance, when is a deer drive unethical?? Another bowyerism!
Old 09-02-2008, 01:40 PM

Now lanse couche couche, we do have three months, but like my man solocamcan stated, as bowhunters for them to even propose to bring a season like this in october is outrageous. Late october pre rut is in swing, mid november its in full swing, and december post rut is working for us. now if a shotgun season takes place in october, our best chance of a trophy buck is completely screwed up. Deer get unpredictable and spooky after gun season. Shotgun hunting was ok for me when i was a kid, but now its not even amusing, i just drink a lot of beers on these two weekends with some buddies.Now, Buckhunter1 a deer drive is unethical to me,period. say its the last day of a gun season and your trying to eat some deer loins instead of a tag sandwich thats cool, but i dont believe in it. now if IDNR really wants to control the herd, wtf is wrong with a extended late season? nothing! its getting tough to hunt here in illinois

Quick Reply: ALL Illinois Deer Hunters PLEASE......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.