Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Nice Article on Great Book.... >

Nice Article on Great Book....

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Nice Article on Great Book....

Old 08-22-2006, 09:35 PM

Default RE: Nice Article on Great Book....

Dang guys! I am the author of the book. NO KIDDING!!!!! I was just browsing the internet lookin for some good deer huntin info when I came across this thread. I really appreciate all the kind comments and would be happy to answer anyones questions. I also have an article in the current issue of Petersens Bowhunting with a few more to come out in North American Whitetail and Petersens in the next few months. I have been writing magazine articles for about 8 years now and always tried to stay down to earth and stay in tune with the average everyday hunter. God didnt make me any better than he made you or anyone else. I was always disgusted with the big names that act like they are better than the rest of us and vowed to never get that way. I have told my friends that if I ever start acting like I have a big head to come up and kick me in the a$$! So far it hasnt happened. If you ever see me at a hunting show or something, dont be afraid to approach me. I am just like you except that I write about what happens to me in the woods. Don Higgins

Old 08-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Don,

Welcome to our little corner of the internet! Thanks for taking the time to post, and we'd like it if you stuck around some and contributed here...

Forgive me for asking; it's been a while since I read the beginning of this thread (I just clicked straight to the end to catch any updates...) Are you a bowhunter?

Again... welcome.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

That a boy TopDawg............. way to give props to us Yankees!![8D]
Old 08-23-2006, 07:03 AM

Hi Greg. I am now strictly a bowhunter and have been for around 15 years. Every buck on the cover of the book was taken by bow. Don
Old 08-23-2006, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome, Don...

You may be interested in visting this forum as well ... http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tt.aspx?forumid=19

Though we've got our share of pot-stirrers and troublemakers we're dealing with right now...

99.999% of the time, it's a great group of guys!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Forgot to ask... Where may we order the book from? I guess I could do a search in Barnes and Noble or Amazon...
Old 08-23-2006, 09:35 AM

You can order the book from my website - www.higginsoutdoors.com It is set up to take credit cards online or my address is on there for those wishing to mail a check.

I have participated in a number of message boards but have become more of a looker than a poster. It seems there are too many hard headed hunters that will debate and argue til the end of time ..... of course sometimes I am one of them. I will stick around here though and see what happens. Don
Old 08-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've been on many, many boards since I took up bowhunting almost two decades ago now... and I can honestly say that the Bowhunting Forum here at HNI is the best I've ever come across... I'm just now starting to hang out more in here as I've been asked to keep an eye on this place as a moderator, and there's some great guys here, too.

Occasionally, atlasman gets bored and stirs the pot, but it's usually thought-provoking if nothing else. Once these WHA bandwaggoners get bored of being on there, it'll be back to being the best bowhunting forum I've ever come across; people actually treat others with respect, and I know you realize how rare that is.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Monster Bucks only
Dang guys! I am the author of the book. NO KIDDING!!!!! I was just browsing the internet lookin for some good deer huntin info when I came across this thread. I really appreciate all the kind comments and would be happy to answer anyones questions.
ORIGINAL: Monster Bucks only

I just finished reading a great new book on hunting trophy whitetails. The author seems to be just a good ole ordinary hunter like the rest of us but has killed a bunch of big bucks. I am definetly going to try some of his ideas this season. You can read more about it or order your own copy at www.higginsoutdoors.com

hmmm....
Old 08-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

This gentleman is the real deal! Don your input and participation is welcomed by me.I have read many of your articles and have benefited from them. Glad to be made aware of your book,I will be purchasing it shortly.

Quick Reply: Nice Article on Great Book....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.