Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

outrageous prices!!!

Old 08-14-2006, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default outrageous prices!!!

I was at gander mountain this afternoon just wandering around the hunting section cuz its the only thing i can do to keep from going crazy until season opens, and saw some bottles of Standing Estrous doe urine for $37 per 1.5 oz bottles!! is it just me or is that insane? the tinks 69 was only like $9. has any1 else heard of this stuff or used it? for that much it better outperform every other scent on the market.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: outrageous prices!!!

Its alledged that the Standing Doe stuff is better, harder to collect, I personally don't know and won't be buying either.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:42 AM
Dominant Buck

It's total crap and a rip off , estrous pee is estrous pee . The bottler in this case is trying to imply maximum freshness , strange for a product full of preservatives .
Old 08-15-2006, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wait until I'm in my peak estrus, usually just before hunting season starts, and bottle my-own. Or, I usually just disperse as needed right from my stand!
Old 08-15-2006, 08:39 AM

Lemeeesee,
Chase around a big ole nanny goat to try to figure out when she is "in season". My guess that would be done with a calender and a thermomiter (don't think about that too much).

Then take one of those little bitty bottles and chase her around a pen an try to git her to pee in that little bitty top of that little bitty bottle. It's all I can do to train a dog to pee outside, imagine tryin to train a deer to hit that bottle. Man, you shure would have to chase a bunch of them just to fill a box of them little bottles to ship to one store.

Think about it. morning, noon and night chasin does around with thermomiters and them little bitty bottles. Hope whoever does it washes their hands before eatin. How about bein at a bar or party and in the discussion the topic of what everyone does for work comes up........ exactly what does one call this occupation?

If I did it, you would be paying $200 a bottle

Hank
Old 08-15-2006, 01:04 PM

I saw that stuff last year. Supposed to be taken from a single doe at the height of estrous. I'm still not paying $40 a bottle for it though.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

It's total crap and a rip off , estrous pee is estrous pee . The bottler in this case is trying to imply maximum freshness , strange for a product full of preservatives .
Exactly. Its like those diet pills that go for $175 a bottle. It's not that they work or are any better than the rest but it plays on the fact that people will think it is because it's so much more expensive.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

There will always be someone looking for a magic potion and the higher the cost the better it must be.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

I'll stick with Tinks 69
Old 08-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Or, I usually just disperse as needed right from my stand!
I know LW and I have posted our sentiments on other threads about this in the Bowhunting forum, and we always agree.