Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Outrageous prices!!!! >

Outrageous prices!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Outrageous prices!!!!

Old 07-15-2003, 08:54 AM

Default Outrageous prices!!!!

I will be hunting in Illinois late November and this will be my first time deer hunting outside my home state of Tennessee. I did not realize the cost involved in a non-resident license. It is going to cost me $271 for a 5 day archery license. Is this not outrageous or is this normal???? Will you please shed some light on the cost of non-resident licenses in other parts of the country as well or is Illinois just still proud of the 1985 or 86 Bears (can' t remember which year they won the Super Bowl).

Thanks and good hunting!!!
jt
Old 07-15-2003, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Outrageous prices!!!!

Mathewsbow1, this is about the norm, I believe that here in NY a big game lisence is around $300. Try going West for an Elk lisence for around $500.00. Montana' s guarenteed guide/outfitter lisence is aroun $1000.00.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:25 AM

Matt,

Here in Ontario, a non-resident' s tag is $ 165 plus $ 35 export charge (presuming they let you bring it over the border) Figuring that this is all CDN $$$ that would be about $ 8 US right.....lol
Old 07-15-2003, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

Actually, Illinosi is not the norm considering the area. Look at the surrounding states. I' m not sure about Missouri, but the almost $300 tag is pretty pricy. I' m from IL, so it only cost me 15 bucks or so. Keep in mind....you do get two tags!!!!! As I was saying, MI is $129, Iowa, WIsconsin, and Indiana out of state liscences are about the same. Then there is IL. Illinois has been doing this for about two years. They more than doubled the price of an out of state tag. I know a lot of the Illinois outfitters were pretty disturbed about this, but what can they do. I will tell you though....IL has some of the biggest deer in the country. The price of your tag may be worth it Good luck.

By the way the Bears won in the 85-86 season. The season Started in 85, the super bowl was in 86. They are considered the 85' Bears, though. I doubt this has anything to do with the cost of a hunting liscense.

Justhrowit
Old 07-15-2003, 10:06 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

$155 in South Dakota, you can hunt from Sept. 27 until the first of January. IL seems a little excessive.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:38 AM

I also live in TN and hunt in IL, KY. This is my 4 year in IL, take my advice and just grin and bear it. The quality of bucks is unreal and since they limit how many tags are sold you won' t be overrun. We do alot of videoing and stuff so it is worth it to us.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:46 AM

Oklahoma nonresident hunting license is $92.50 which is good for the calendar year plus a nonresident archery tag of $201.00 for the season. Other deer tags such as gun or primitive is the same price. There is a nonresident 5-day hunting license but it isn' t valid for pheasant, deer or turkey.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:50 AM
Typical Buck

P.S...If my memory serves me correct, I believe a five day tag is actually good for 6 days.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:59 AM

I just checked into buying an out of state for Virginia. I live in North Carolina and my landlord has property with turkey, deer, and black bear that has never been hunted. For me to hunt all year it will cost $160 bucks. 60 bucks for the out of state permit lic. and another 60 bucks for all my game tags.

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Old 07-15-2003, 11:01 AM

HA HA HA I' m a loser!!

60 + 60 don' t =160

what i ment was it will cost me $120

Quick Reply: Outrageous prices!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.