Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how many in hunting clubs

Old 07-17-2006, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: how many in hunting clubs

I am in the Dugout Hunting Club on Mt. Fork in New Market AL. It has about 650 acres with about 15-18 members. Most of the members never hunt though. I guess there are about 7 or 8 that are regulars. Dues are $325 / yr
Old 07-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: cardeer

I am a loner
Same here , and the thought of paying for private access is not for me , I'd stick to public land first .
Old 07-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

Kevin1, public land around here can be pretty crowded, which can mean dangerous at times. Also, you can't have any kind of permanent stand, so you have to carry you climber in and out, or stalk/sit on the ground. And, the closest is a1-11/2 hrs away. As for the loner part, about half of the time I'm alone, but I really enjoy the camp/lease for the camaraderie aspect. Camp has place to get out of weather, BBQ pits/smokers, running water, 2wood burning stoves,propane stove and propane heated shower, and bed. Even a generator to power lights, ceiling fans, and even a tv that rarely gets turned on. You'd have to see it, very rustic but comfortable at the same time. About half of the older guys don't hunt very often, but just like to come up to get away from home.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

I couldnt agree more St. Barnard. I have access to about 400 acres of private land but I am also in a club with about 15 guys and access to 2200 acres, $237 a year. The club is mainly about getting together at a common camp site and sharing stories, laughing , eating and admiring others good fortune afield. Private land is not always accessable and here in Arkansas lease are cheap so they are really good as just in case hunting spots. Only 3 more months and its hunting season!
Old 07-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Dominant Buck

I hunt all public or non posted private land here, in NH and Maine.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am the president of the Franklin County Hunting Club, Inc. (not the county we're located). We are set up as a corporation and we have 8 shareholders owning, no lease or lein,200 acres in northern Missouri. We have a cabin that sleeps 12 comfortably, electric, heat/Air conditioning, and water. Our dues right now are $250.00 a year, which covers utilities, tazes, insurance, food plots, and equipment maintenance.

I also hunt my parents private land but the camraderie of a hunting club cant be beat IMO.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:25 PM
emo

I'm the pres. of www.lazyshuntclub.org and we have a bunk house, wood burner heat, gas cooking, bath with a path,atv trails and a few turkey and deer. O, almost forgot, coyotes also.