Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how many in hunting clubs

Old 07-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default how many in hunting clubs

How many of you are in hunting clubs? I saw on other post how much some of you pay the price you pay isnt cheap. I guess should be glad I hunt private owned land. Dont have to pay anything dont even have to pay for a license.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:44 PM

Default RE: how many in hunting clubs

im in the NRAHQ club
Old 07-16-2006, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

I belong to DU and NWTF

Old 07-16-2006, 09:17 PM

i'm in a club with 19 others and have around 2300 acres, dues $700 yr. i also lease 250 acresdues $650 yr. me and one other guy. huntn in my area is all about a dollar. but we do have some nice deer.

Old 07-16-2006, 10:39 PM

We hunt our land, my Dad's,and national forest -- our land is bordered on two sides by national andacross the road from us. But we have friends who are on hunting leases or in clubs and I am thankful every hunting season we don't have todo thatbecause it ain't cheap and the restrictions can get to be overwhelming (and maybe even a little ridiculous).My hat's off to y'all who have to go this route and keep doing it becauseyou love to hunt.

Shannon
Old 07-16-2006, 11:11 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt on a 1200 acre lease with 11 other guys, and we pay $550 a piece. Not cheap, but alright I guess. About 45min from the house. TxStarr, where about in East Texas are you? I'm in Longview, and hunt in Avinger(Cass Co.).
Old 07-16-2006, 11:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

deerhunter,
As you can see from where some hunters reside in this thread the price varies drastically.Price is a regional and local issue - AND - what and how much game you can hunt/harvest.I pay $300 for approx 300 acres,
adjacent to other prime private and state lands.That is a steal for the area,the security of property,yr round privalges etc...etc..

Ours is not a hunt club - we simply agree to get along,discuss what and how we do things from yr to yr.I personally would never do a "Hunt Club".

We get along - we agree - have fun - and - kill a bunch of deer along with some small game.

I know guys who would love to see me struck by a Mack truck or Gut Shot at dawn all to get a chance at my spot on this farm for 300 skins!!

Now if you don't pay anything - more power to Yu. I've done a few farms for "Free" - Thats a Hunting - Home Run for the right property and owner.

BTW - as some have said there are some mighty fine State/Fed lands out there that hold some fine animals - IF - your willing to get back in the thick of things.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:22 AM

Yeah, My father and I belong to our "own" chapter of the "One Shot, One Kill Club", 'cause that's all we ever needed.

Trying to get my (older)brother to join, but he's still in the "Empty the Rifle Club".

Serriously, we hunt our own property or that of relatives and friends so no club is needed.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am a loner
Old 07-17-2006, 07:14 AM

I live out of Kennard -- a tiny dot on the map (if you have the right map!) between Crockett and Lufkin. Basically right in the heart of National Forest in Houston County. One of the camping areas is a couple of hundred yards from my house.

Shannon

Quick Reply: how many in hunting clubs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.