Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 New Jersey Running Out of Ideas.... >

New Jersey Running Out of Ideas....

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

New Jersey Running Out of Ideas....

Old 07-15-2006, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default New Jersey Running Out of Ideas....

Guys,

I have been spreading the gospel truth on here for months now and am the expert on deer hunting and the ability to see things that other folks simply cannot see. Some of you have even told me personally in private email messages that you want to understand, but struggle. This supernaturalesque ability I have been given is more often a curse than a blessing, and I will NEVER use it for personal gain.

This morning I had finished a pot of coffee and got online to read about what was going on in the world of deer hunting out there. I read about the typical stories of the Southland and QDMA continuing their longstanding partnership in furtherance of the "Monster Buck" agenda, when I was alerted to big news coming from a part of New Jersey.

PANIC. It was reported that NJ, in an effort to rekindle what has become a nearly non-existant sport, hasnow decided to open more land to deer hunting in hopes that someone somewhere will get off the couch and visit the deer woods. In other words, the state is at a complete loss as to how to combat declining numbers of deer hunters, continued warty growths, and overall bedlam in the whitetail communities themselves. What are they saying? Anyone. Please hunt here. We will open more land......in neighborhoods, office parks, and behind your favorite watering hole. Just please, hunt deer in NJ.

Guys, most of you know me and know that I DO NOT ENJOY being the bearer of bad news on the site. I am an even keeled man who simply desires to see deer hunting thrive as a sport NATION WIDE. The fact is that currently, we are seeing trends all pointing to the inescapable conclusion that the sacred Southland is at the forefront of the sport and with the continued awards, accolades, etc, etc - along with the fact that Yankee states are in a sheer panic - there is great cause for concern among the prominent wildlife biologists of the country that Yankee states may NEVER enjoy much deer hunting success again.

Now, I am sure NJ is a great place to live and work. Probably a real treat to live there. Neighbors borrowing sugar and local government officials stopping in to share whisky. However, what is going on with regard to deer hunting has resulted in whitetails darting and spinning like Mexicans in the night, all heading for the Mason-Dixon line for a better life. Certain areas, including NJ, are experiencing overpopulation of deer (temporarily) due to the fact that Yankees would rather live in a concrete jungle than allow for wooded habitat for the whitetail. Deer are holed up in about a 2 acre contiguous area, conferencing on when to make a run for it towards North FL.

Just wanted to share my concern with each of you here. I hope all of you are able to get out this weekend and spend time in the woods with those you hold dear.

TDWW
Old 07-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: New Jersey Running Out of Ideas....

Thanks for the warning TD. Nice to see you are back. I am lucky I live far north of NJ and won't have the problem of deer stampeding over me in their wild quest to migrate to North Florida. It was very calm early this morning and I took a hot cup of coffee down to the lake to watch it get light. While standing on the dock I thought for a minute I could hear hoofed animals running away from me towards the south.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Again TDD, you tackle the tough issues with a perceptive and insightful eye. I hope NJ (and the rest of the North) will just face these issues and heed your words before it's too late[][8D].
Old 07-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

The hard truth, "You've done it again!"
Old 07-15-2006, 01:24 PM

well even here in the south with developement comes the retreat of the game. and in places like jersey and other cities your not going to have the widespread welcome to hunting. there is alot more money in developement then there is in hunting and its sad yes but reality. you can lobby and write your congressmen all you want but i dont think its going to help at all. i agree something needs to be done to protect habbitat and to preserve our sporting heritage but i dont see too many deer that are going to want to hang around jersey much longer. hell me personally i wouldnt go near it myself. i keep myself nestled in on our 2500 acre farm scared to death about the cities and what is going on there. the fact is there are 2 types of people. the city dwellers who dont like the country and the country folks who dont like the cities. and i think the deer agree with us country folks