Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I Can't Believe This Crap!

Old 07-07-2006, 11:35 PM

Default I Can't Believe This Crap!

I just received my dues notice for this years hunting season. The land owner doubled our dues. I was paying $250.00 per year for deer and turkey hunting on 250 acres of land. Now, all of a sudden he went up to $500.00. I haven't had a chance to talk to any of the other members, but I smell a rat. I don't know if we had a drop in members to cause the dues to go up or if someone has made a substantial offer on the land.

This really bites!![:@] Sorry for the rant but my non hunting co workers just don't get it[]

The Topic has been revised - Lets keep it above board and clean

Cloudwalker's Basecamp
Old 07-07-2006, 11:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I Can't Believe This Shhi.....Crap!

Join the club! I feel your pain!!!!!
Texas, even East Texas hunting club dues have doubled over the last couple of years! I guess its just a sign of the times, and/or supply vs. demand!
Worse, is that on "good" clubs/leases, the more you improve the place, the more likely it is that someone with more money will come along and out-bid you for hunting rights!
Old 07-08-2006, 04:39 AM

a bit high, how many hunters,10 to 12 dollars an acre for my area is average, but do know of land thats cheaper an acre, hunting is all about a dollars these days, good luck
Old 07-08-2006, 08:19 AM

Consider yourself lucky to be able to still hunt the land. You were getting it dirt cheap at $250 anyways... Everything that has a price tag ends up going up...
Old 07-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Two dollars per acre would be low for a lease agreement here , our average is $-6 for good land . If possible renegotiate your lease agreement to include a price control measure .

This would also be a good time to begin having your club look seriously at purchasing some land , leasing is as cheap now as it's ever gonna get , and your only real defense against rising prices is to buy now while the land values are still low enough to afford it . If you have enough members and the credit clout this would be your best bet . Another attractive feature of purchasing is that if the plot you buy has enough clear land for planting you could not only lease that part of it to local farmers for planting , but also get them to do all of your soil sampling , fertilizing , and food plot planting for you as part of the agreement . The lease payments they give you would also help to defray the property taxes .
Old 07-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

we're payin' $750 for ours...but we have 990 acres.
i'd be a lil upset and would definitely get to the bottom of it.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

tht blows
Old 07-08-2006, 12:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm in two clubs this year. One is $1500 and the other is $2400. I will definitely drop one next year. I have some private leases and some I own that is more than enough.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

I myself dont see that as a bad price.2 dollars an acre thats not bad at all.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

sign of the times.pay it or dont hunt

Quick Reply: I Can't Believe This Crap!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.