Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

anticipation doubled!

Old 11-03-2002, 02:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default anticipation doubled!

yesterday me and my dad went small game hunting/scouting for deer....we found a few decint looking areas but very little sign..we spring gobbler hunted the area(when i say area i mean about 1/2 a sq mile area lol) and usually the area has "scat" and tond of deer sign...after last years massacre id seemed to die off and this spring we founf little sign..we were worried...we walked through the spot my dad took a doe last year and i missed oue due to a broken scope on the first day...there were tons of rubs and piles and piles of scat all around the log jam we sat in! we piled some sticks around to break us up a bit and made the final decision on hunting that the first morning! just from the log jam we will sit in again i could see about 10 rubs...all nice rubs on trees about 6 inches thick...and fresh piles from him and what looks like many does! i cant wait..i had tons of anticipation before and now after finding that much sign in our area and barely any anywhere else it doubled!..only thing is all the rubs are going to the right....my dads on the left so if he comes the same way my dad will see him first!!! but last year the deer all came from the right and i had first dibs...hopefully it desavue of last year and my leupold i invested in doesnt break and i hit what i shoot and we both have a great day...i cant wait!..just had to let that out! 28 days!
Old 11-04-2002, 05:11 AM

Default RE: anticipation doubled!

mauser06, sounds like an interesting spot w/a lot of sign. you guys have fun and stay safe, good luck, annie.