Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

30 pt Poached IA deer?

Old 05-25-2006, 04:19 AM

Default RE: 30 pt Poached IA deer?

ORIGINAL: CTBuckKilla

What an idiot. Should of just kept his mouth shut and get it mounted.
what you should have been saying is, what an idiot for buying the wrong tag, or what an idiot for shooting the deer with out the proper tag to begin with. So I wonder if you'd break the law if given the oppurtunity?
Old 05-25-2006, 06:10 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: cardeer

That rack would break the neck of a florida deer
LOL
Old 05-25-2006, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

If he is found guilty he needs to pay a serious fine and have his hunting privileges revoked. That is a Buck of a Lifetime that someone else with the proper tagscould have have taken. What a shame.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it was poached....... shame on him and I hope IA throws the book at him. Shame on all you guys that think he should have stuck it in his freezer and shut-up. Maybe that was his plan to begin with but couldn't keep his shut, would you? Look at the size of that deer....... I know I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut and the taxadermist probabley wouldn't either.
When I first started hunting here a buck only tag all across MB, I went 3yrs w/out seeing a deer that was legal to shoot. Should I have shot a doe and kept my mouth shut. I don't think so. I know for most of you a big buck is a bigger temptation but I had a buck tag and would have shot any legal deer just to get 'in the game' and gain at least some experience. But I also saw at least 100 does in that 3yrs and I never shot one. I have also heard of guys selling there deerheads to buyers that are more than willing to shell out mucho-donaro' to have a trophy on thier wall or at the lodge where all of thier clients will drool. I even had a guy once want to trade me heads, they looked the same but his was taller and wider....... he wanted mine for a set of rattln'antlers........ this was my first buck and although it was no b&c buck it was still my trophy. I kept mine.
I don't care how young the guy was. No excuses if he broke the law, he's old enough to vote, drink, smoke and get married here in MB, he should be man enough to pay for his mistakes. That being said he is innocent until proven guilty.
This thread kind-of makes me wonder about alot of other monster heads out there?????
Old 05-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whenever a monster deer is killed there are rumors of it being poached. There have been rumors all over this part of Ohio about the world record shot here a few years ago now. Whenever hunters get together they still talk about how he poached it, when in reality the game wardens couldn't prove anything whether they thought he did or not. You never know what to believe, but I try not to judge people until I know the whole story. It doesn't always work, but I try
Old 05-25-2006, 10:31 AM

I agree very strongly. If the idiot poache dit I hope that they throw the book at him. He and others that do crap like this gives hunting a bad name and a black eye on all of us. It also prohibits legal and ehtical hunters from having a chance to harvest an animal of this class. I say lock him up and let BUBBA get a hold of him.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

that is a beauty. too bad
Old 05-25-2006, 12:27 PM

That is a beaut!!!

Well I am sure this guy does feel like an idiot. He shot a trophy of a lifetime and now faces haven it taken away from him.

I wonder how many does he bred before he was slain?
Old 05-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

....I am sure that he is innocent as this looks like a Florida deer.

good one....I hope the guy gets what he has coming.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:34 PM

If it was killed illegal, the deer should still be walking.

Quick Reply: 30 pt Poached IA deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.