Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

30 pt Poached IA deer?

Old 05-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 30 pt Poached IA deer?

I don't have a problem with him shooting it. He's an idiot though for not buying his tag beforehand, and an even bigger idiot for getting caught.

He should have put that deer in the freezer, and then taken his time to make sure he went and bought the right tag.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I do have a problem with him shooting it. He is a poacher if he shot it without a legal tag and I have no patience for a poacher. Monster or not. I have passed on big deer because I didn't have a tag. I hope he does time and loses his hunting privleges for life.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:31 PM

Thats a nice deer. To bad it was poached.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txrookie

I do have a problem with him shooting it. He is a poacher if he shot it without a legal tag and I have no patience for a poacher. Monster or not. I have passed on big deer because I didn't have a tag. I hope he does time and loses his hunting privleges for life.
My thoughts exactly. I'm shocked at how many people on here say that he should have just kept his mouth shut. It's wrong what he did, why are so many people accepting his actions as OK? We as hunters need to show that we are reliable andresponsible; that means following all laws, no matter how large a deer is. What that guy did was unethical and illegal. Plain and Simple. I'm glad he got caught.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

You two (.308 & txrookie) are right on. No tag, you don't go hunting, no exceptions. I will reserve judgement untill I hear the final story but if he is a poacher I wish the fine was say maybe 2 grand a point...[:@][:'(]
Old 05-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Fork Horn

He didn't spotlight it, and he didn't bait it. Regardless of the tag, it was a fair chase hunt...no different from what the Indians or Settlers of this country did. And he's only 20 yrs old. Give the guy a break. Everyon'e made mistakes, especially when they were young. It's not like he was out raping and murdering and pirating and pilaging.

Licenses are primarily sold for revenue. He did buy a license, and Uncle Sam got his $ in the end. What's the big deal? In the big picture, this is no different than paying your cable bill 12 hours late, and watching TV during those 12 hours.

I hope you guys who want this dude skinned never dare drive 36 mph in a 35 zone.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:18 PM
Banned

The state has liquidated charges for animals: A deer more than 150 points B&C......$5000-$10,000 and 80 hours of community service, or in lieu of the community service, a minimum of $10,000 and not more than $20,000, in an amount that is deemed reasonable by court. Pretty stiff fines...IA just came out with these about the same year after the 13 year old kid killed that world record here 3 years ago. The state takes it's deer herd seriously.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

oh you can be dang sure that's a genuine Friggin L whitetail...........it just demands respect.

LOL
Old 05-24-2006, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry if I came of as a hard @$$, like I said I will reserve judgement till the court decision. If he was just foolish enough not to read his tag oh well next time lad pay attention in school but if it is found he was a shoot em out the truck window just for giggles or later sale POACHER then I stand by my words. No jail time for the boy but you just can't intentionaly do that to your fellow hunters, or the animal.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

That rack would break the neck of a florida deer

Quick Reply: 30 pt Poached IA deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.