Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Northern Collapse

Old 05-16-2006, 09:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Northern Collapse

You got that right Greg. Some of these turkeys puff all up and start struting all around with their chest puffed out. TDWW has them right where he wants them. The man should run for office.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

people take things so serious
Old 05-17-2006, 12:42 PM

ORIGINAL: TOPDAWGWOOFWOOF

duckhunter81891,

Two (2) things:

1- 320 Bench

2- 16 inch Guns

I am talking about nicely developed guns, sans the sag. Ever seen a man curl 60's without any expression whatsoever? Welcome to TDWW's workout.

are you tryin to intimante me??????? if you are it aint workin......im 14 years old so i cant bench 320(i never really lifted serioulsly).....sorry guess i dontearn anyrespect.....and year my 15 year old friend can pretty much do everything you do..your not all that high and mighty

i dont care how stong either...getting tired ofhearing that
Old 05-18-2006, 06:29 AM
Dominant Buck

This is 20 mins from my place.

http://myfwc.com/Whatsnew/06/statewide/recordbuck.html

http://myfwc.com/whatsnew/06/statewide/recordbuckCaseyPhillips.html
Old 05-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Unless I misunderstand B&C Records, 150 class deer don't make "The Book". If these are some of the state's top deer (and they are VERY NICE deer), the "north" should not worry about their hunters running to Florida for trophy whitetails. Florida is like eastern Texas. Blind hog do find acorns every once in a while.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think some of you guys are smokin' too much in the off-season or something. I'll stick to hunting in the crappy states of Iowa and Illinois.... You guys can fight over the "mighty-south"..... I heard Disney was opening an outfitting service down there eh!
Old 05-18-2006, 01:50 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: The Lone Wolf

I think some of you guys are smokin' too much in the off-season or something. I'll stick to hunting in the crappy states of Iowa and Illinois.... You guys can fight over the "mighty-south"..... I heard Disney was opening an outfitting service down there eh!
Now that is a quote that I can live with
Old 05-18-2006, 02:10 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

Unless I misunderstand B&C Records, 150 class deer don't make "The Book". If these are some of the state's top deer (and they are VERY NICE deer), the "north" should not worry about their hunters running to Florida for trophy whitetails. Florida is like eastern Texas. Blind hog do find acorns every once in a while.

This is a post from the topic Yankee Panic in this forum.
Retrieverman, does this sound like I'm defending the deer hunting in the state of FL?

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: buldog762000

when will you post some pics. of deer harvested down there that are 225+ poundsdressed? I would really like to see these deer. Don't really understand how you feel the deer are bigger in Florida than in Ill. Wi, or Iowa, but we all do have an imagination, just yours works a lot more than others. Here in the Midwest we see these deer almost everyday. How often do you see deer that size. I'll tell youalmost never. I think your justembarrassed of your deer so you feel you need to bash the north. Good luck with yourtrophy bucks butI willstay here in the Midwest with thereal deer.
[/blockquote]

Buldog, I have been hunting North FL all my life and sometimes someone will shoot a 10or 12 that has been night feeding in someones cattle feed, that willweigh between 185 to 195 lbs.That is onrareoccasions only!

Usally they are 6 to 10 pts and weigh from 165 to 175 pds. I have hunted in every WMA from the FL Keys to the Georgia Line. The last Hunting Club I was a member of was in Madison, FL just 20 miles South of the Georgia/Florida line.

From North FL to the Fl Keys they get smaller and smaller. The Key Deer only stand 2 ft at the shoulder and weigh from 40 to 50 pds. They are protected by Fl Law. As a matter of fact there is no hunting in Monroe County at all, which covers the SW section of Big Cypress WMA.

< Message edited by Rebel Hog -- 5/17/2006 7:47:58 PM >

Old 05-18-2006, 02:48 PM
Site Buck Guru

I think that this should be an easy one. It is a well known fact that as you get more north of the equator, generally the whitetails will be larger. Look at the many maps that are out there that show the size and score of the deer. I'm lucky for my deer hunting that I live in an area that produces some nice bucks. There are always areas that produce bigger bucks. If you are able to go to those areas to hunt, that is great. If you can only hunt where you live, then do what I do, hunt for the best bucks in your area. That will make you happy because you did the best that you could.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Greg H, I agree, if I had to hunt small deer I would, but I sure wouldn't go on the Net and brag about it! Much less compare Florida deer to Northern deer!

Quick Reply: Northern Collapse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.