Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Northern Collapse

Old 05-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default Northern Collapse

Northern Deer Hunting. Biggest collapse in history ofoutdoor recreation.
In last place.

Has there ever been anform of recreation more prone to collapse?
Seriously, Florida's QDMprogram is the epitome ofrespect.
It permeates throughout the entire state and we have see further evidence that other states are catching on.

When TOPDAWGharvested a Florida 10 pointer scoring in the 160's back in 1996,they told me it was luck. But when TOPDAWG whipped a Yankeein1998 for leaving sunflower seed shells on the ground in the woods and not picking them up,theytold me they had never seen guns that size moving with such swiftness and precision. Thunder.

Yankeestried to lure QDM headquarters to Pennsylvania andBrian Murphy (fromGa)turned them Down. And then won accolades, awards, etc, etc.national titles. Don't look now, but another buck deer just crossed the mason-dixon line and is not looking back. Families of deer letting each other fend for themselves all to get Southward.Ever seen news clips of Mexicans darting and spinning in the nighttime darkness all in an attempt to cross the border? Welcome to the Mason Dixon line and whitetail bedlam.

The Northern whitetailprogram has now become a laughing stock and is basically imploding with the diseaseand hunterrevolts overdeclining population and warty growths all over the place. And, to top it off, Florida has become innovative and is LEADING THE CHARGE in whitetail academia. If that were not enough, Florida State just announced a new program called "Whitetail Specific Studies."

Funniest line of the past month. Outdoor Channelwas talking about spring food plots.Analyst says, "Do you realize how happyQDMA is that they did notmove to Pennsylvania." I literally fell over laughing......who was it that called it AS SOON AS
IT WAS ANNOUNCED?the Northern part of the country is in a panic. It's amateur night.

Guys, I called it and I have been proven right. I hope all of you are having a terrific week so far and that you get the opportunity to spend time with close family/friends in the outdoors this weekend!
Old 05-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Northern Collapse

You tell them TDWW!
Old 05-09-2006, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I should have never sold the house in Valrico Reb.

Did the property prices there skyrocket because of the migration? I should have been on this forum beforeI sold. I'd be sittin on 1/4 acre of prime whitetail hunting property
Old 05-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: DannyD

Did the property prices there skyrocket because of the migration? I should have been on this forum beforeI sold. I'd be sittin on 1/4 acre of prime whitetail hunting property
You won't believe it! Prices on one acre in Lutz are over $100,000. Prices in Valrico are $75,000 per acreand going up everyday! Houses are $250,000 and up.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have to admit you Yanks do complain about your DNR alot. They have ruined the deer hunting in PA I heard.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:24 PM

Ya just gotta love these Illinois bucks.

Jerry Bryant's 36-point buck has a final score of 291 1/8 non-typical inches. The taxidermy was done by Ron Meinders of Peoria.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:25 PM
Dominant Buck

That's it.... I am selling my place up here and migrating to Northern Florida to experiance all the glory of living on a swamp and fighting with mosquitoes, snakes and gaters. You have to have 16" guns just to fend off all the critters and people that want to kill you. It must be great because TDWW says so.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: DannyD

You won't believe it! Prices on one acre in Lutz are over $100,000. Prices in Valrico are $75,000 per acreand going up everyday! Houses are $250,000 and up.
You have it made Reb. You would have sticker shock if you tried to live here.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

I sold 10 acres, hold the mortgage on 24 acres and been offered 7 figures for myhome on 6 acres.In 1967 we bought 40 acres for $16,000 cash ($400) per acre. I could have bought the ajoining 80 acres for$200 per acre and there is where I screwed up!The 40 I bought has over 200 Live oak trees on it and the other next to it was in palmettos.
Old 05-09-2006, 04:56 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

I sold 10 acres, hold the mortgage on 24 acres and been offered 7 figures for myhome on 6 acres.In 1967 we bought 40 acres for $16,000 cash ($400) per acre. I could have bought the ajoining 80 acres for$200 per acre and there is where I screwed up!
Reb, I think we all wish we could turn the clock back and buy vacant land that appeared to be nothing special and turned into a major sub division, shopping center or gulf course. My first house was a 4 unit apartment bldg and I paid 15K for it. The second was a duplex (new) that I paid 41K for. The 3rd was a ranch (new) that I paid 40K for. This was back in the late 60's... ahhh the good old days and then it all went to H$ll. Now the only thing you can get for under 200K is a trailer on owned land. 4 years ago I bought the last home I will ever buy and I'll die here...hopefully not for 30-40 years.

Quick Reply: Northern Collapse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.