Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hope All of you Have a Great Weekend... >

Hope All of you Have a Great Weekend...

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hope All of you Have a Great Weekend...

Old 05-09-2006, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hope All of you Have a Great Weekend...

I am having a hard time not falling out of my chair. All I can picture is some goon standing on the side of the road that looks like Popeye if he were in an 80's hair band and had a long run in with arm and nose candy. I mean seriously can this guy make it any more abvious that he needs help. He is crying out repeatedly for us to give him some sort of juvenile reassurance.

I am a southern boy from my birth and I since moved to Central NY and i can tell you for sure that I love the south but I wont be moving back any time soon. I can tell you one thing until you hunt a state witht eh diversity of land and game that NY has you will probably have a hard time understanding why so many people love it up here. I can go salt water fishing, Mountain climbing, Upland bird hunting, deer hunting, salmon fishing, trout fishing, turkey hunting, rabbit hunting, and bear hunting all in the same week. I could list anothe thousand outdoor activities i can do whenever i want. And guess what i dont need any respect for that. I am perfectly comfortable witht eh fact that i wont have to share these things with people that are to ignorant to realize their worth. Ask Ny Bowhunter why he and others from the area why we choose to stay. Its not that are area is any better as a whole its just that we dont have to put up with people like you Topdawg.

I am startinga kitty to get this kid some medical treatment for his conditions. All donations will be sent to topdawg in the form of pimp slaps

Old 05-09-2006, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

With all due respect, I have to disagree with you. I believe the south is more diverse. You can do all those things you said and then some down south. Yes , there aremountains down south. Salt water fishing, there is none better than in Louisiana. Fla., Miss., and Ala. are also great spots. I'm sure it's beautiful up there away from the cities, but the hunting and fishing I guarantee you is better in the south by a landslide. I'm surprised a southern boy like yourself likes it that much up there. I don't think I would adapt too well. Too much great hunting and fishing down here to leave. Believe me, I'm not knocking the hunting and fishing in N.Y., I just don't think it can compare to the south. Too much snow up there anyway.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

With all due respect, I have to disagree with you. I believe the south is more diverse. You can do all those things you said and then some down south. Yes , there aremountains down south. Salt water fishing, there is none better than in Louisiana. Fla., Miss., and Ala. are also great spots. I'm sure it's beautiful up there away from the cities, but the hunting and fishing I guarantee you is better in the south by a landslide. I'm surprised a southern boy like yourself likes it that much up there. I don't think I would adapt too well. Too much great hunting and fishing down here to leave. Believe me, I'm not knocking the hunting and fishing in N.Y., I just don't think it can compare to the south. Too much snow up there anyway.

I was waiting fo that. If i came off sounding like i thought it was "Better" i didnt really intend to. I have to admit that your landslide description is probably off as the species we fish for are drasticly different for the most part. I am willing to venture that you have not spen alot of time up here. I have been many places in this country and this is how i can sum it up. I feel that there is no splendor more devine than the spaciousness of the west, no bounty as plentiful as our coastal areas, no land as crisp and everchanging as the north, and no place as warm (in many ways not just temp) as the south.

With that said there are areas that offer a little bit of each of those characteristics and if you are lucky eough to carve out your own little pice in the best nation on earth than you should be content in knowing that you are far far ahead of the pack in theat respect.

I am plenty comfortable in my area. Its not the prettiest or the most spacious but its home. I, unlike some, embrace the differences that each area has will continue to enjoy all this great nation has to offer in terms of nature. The reason i responded the way i did was to show people that there is more to life than pride for ones locality. If we can get past our own pride we can transcend into a more enjoyable life.

I can't tell you how many times i have witnessed Americans display a complete lack of understanding towards other Americans from different parts of our country. Its almost hilarious to watch people generalize about others not knowing that they are doing it. As a southerner mthat moved to NY I feel that I have a unique perspective on the North South battle that still rages on today. From my point of view its like watching two guys take turns punching each other. Neither of them will acomplish anything and in the end they will only hurt themselves.

Anyways, sorry to get so uppity but its hard to tolerate ignorance. I see on here quite often and people dont realize the last thing we need is hostility from within the ranks.

Peace out Ya'll
Old 05-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

"Peace Out Ya'll"

Guys, I do not belive BC Wanna B is a Southern man.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

Henderson Kentucky. douche nozzle! I played for Heights Carpet in little league, I was a member of the boyscouts, i learned to fish at Audbon Park, PLayed at the pool in Atkinson park as a young boy, Swam in the ohio river, worked on my family farm in henderson off of Zion Road, Went to Montessori Kindergarten in Evansville Indiana, went to east hieghts elementary school, and i go back three times every year.

Topdawg, you cant win this one with 16 inch arms. you are gonna need to think this one out. THe only defense for liable is the truth!
Old 05-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Fork Horn

B&C Wanna B is in a panic.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TOPDAWGWOOFWOOF

B&C Wanna B is in a panic.
I think you mean "PICNIC". Debating with you is like a PICNIC.

Can somone help topdawg get the sand out of his girly parts!
Old 05-09-2006, 11:22 AM
Typical Buck

It has been a busy week for me due to work obligations, but I wanted to make sure to take this time to wish each of you a very satisfying and relaxing weekend. I hope you get the opportunity to spend some real quality time outdoors with close family/friends. You know, whether you will be fishing for the Southern Bream, tussling with old salty tooth lying in wait on the bank of a fishing hole, or working with your chihuahua preparing her for deer tracking this coming season - whatever it is you will be doing, I hope you enjoy it and demand respect.
Just wanna tell TopDawg thanks for wishin' everyone a great weekend. I know I had one. First time fishin' with my son (he was excited about using his new Spiderman fishing pole)!!! Spend quality time with your kids now before they grow up and don't have time for you because there doin' what you should have done fellas! I'LL TAKE RESPECTFORBEING A FATER!Anywho, hope you all had as great a weekend as I did.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:43 AM

Henderson county is just north of Owensboro, KY and KY is still considered a part of the Southern US so B&C would be correct in the fact that he is from the South. I guess Geography is not a strong point down in FL?