Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hope All of you Have a Great Weekend... >

Hope All of you Have a Great Weekend...

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hope All of you Have a Great Weekend...

Old 04-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hope All of you Have a Great Weekend...

Guys,

It has been a busy week for me due to work obligations, but I wanted to make sure to take this time to wish each of you a very satisfying and relaxing weekend. I hope you get the opportunity to spend some real quality time outdoors with close family/friends. You know, whether you will be fishing for the Southern Bream, tussling with old salty tooth lying in wait on the bank of a fishing hole, or working with your chihuahua preparing her for deer tracking this coming season - whatever it is you will be doing, I hope you enjoy it and demand respect.

i know I give a lot of you Yanks a difficult time, but I want you to know that I truly wish a happy weekend for each of you as well. I know some of you have married Southern women from your posts and I say - who can blame you? I have seen those Yankee women, guys.....so I understand that completely.

Anyhow, it is a beautiful day here in North Florida and I am about to head out to the old farm pond where I fished as a child. Fish by myself for the rest of the afternoon. Kick back with my cane poll, put in a lip full of smokeless tobacco (respect) and watch the bobber. Stars and bars to the bone, guys. No better than that. I will enjoy the peace and quiet.....other than the teenagers driving by blaring their rap music. I may go down to the bridge and stand there and just flex a time or two if that keeps up. No emotion, no expression, just a cut off flannel shirt and 16 inch guns as they drive by. Respect.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Hope All of you Have a Great Weekend...

Thanks so much for the thoughtful post and you do the same.
From down here in central Florida,
Chuck7
Old 04-28-2006, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think thats the funniest thing I have read on the net. " No emotion, no expression, just a cut off flannel shirt and 16 inch guns as they drive by." Have a good one Topdawg
Old 04-28-2006, 12:53 PM
G5

Thanks TDWW

I will need all the blessing i can get this weekend. This is the weekend i go to australia to hunt the most fearsome and elusive of all creatures. The great komodo dragon is what im after. My last hunt was almost unsuccessful as i became the hunted. It was on my second night of the hunt. I had just finished eating what was left of the black mamba i had killed the night before. I looked up only to see the dragon prowling the edge of my camp. I jumped to my feet and we engaged in combat. One strong snap of that mighty tail had me wondering, just what have i got myself into this time. just as the dragon charged while i was down looking like a full meal, A young joe kangaroo jumped into the fight. An amazing fight i witnessed as the young joe boxer took the dragon with a right hook to start the match. A few quick jabs and finished him with the awesome power of the jumping jack dragon kick. Knocked my predetor out cold. After the fight me and my new friend joe sat down to a couple fosters and some dragon chops, discusing the beauty of the outback. We have since became good friends and he will meet me at the airport in 27 hours from now. cant wait to see the old joe kangaroo that save my life and hopefully have another great hunt together.

RESPECT
Old 04-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

Chuck7
ditto
Old 04-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

you have a good weekend too. ill be helping my friend and his uncle build a shed this weekend. so i hope it dont get to hot tomaro!
Old 04-28-2006, 03:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

THANKS i WILL BE ON THE SOFA ALL WEEKEND
Old 04-28-2006, 03:51 PM

Thanks. I will be hitting up some parties tonight, maybe go camping, then get back to studying for finals. Gonna need all the help I can get because I'm burned out on school for the year. Took a final yesterday morning, ate lunch, studied for a few hours, took another final, worked on a GEOG project from 6-11:30, wrote final drafts of some papers from 11:30-2:30, got some shuteye, woke up at 8:00, turned in papers, worked on GEOG some more from 8:30-11:00, turned GEOG project in, ate lunch, and now I'm beat. Praise the lord for Friday.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

Chuck7
Ditto!
Old 04-28-2006, 07:00 PM

G5, My 84 year old grandfather had a run in with the wiley Kamoto Dragon while fight'n the Japanese in the South Pacific of World War II. Look folks, my Grandad demanded it over there and each of you will give it to him. He was laid up in a fox hole when a Kamoto wandered in with him. The Jap's were shell'n the hell out of his unit and the Kamoto was caught in the middle. Gramps, being the fiesty old Confederate he still is today, claims he looked at that dragon and told him " I won't screw with you if'n you don't screw with me" He laid there all night with his M1 Carbine trained on that jokers head. He said he thought about finding another fox hole but figured he had a better chance against that dragon then he did with those "nips". Next morning at day light Gramps got up let the dragon have the hole to himself. The old man was wounded on Tarrawa and Tinian, he also met the Japonese on the beaches of Guadalcanal and Saipan. They broke the mold on that Marine. I look around today and see only a handful of Men (mostly Southerners) that could endure that kind of fight'n today. Greatest generation that ever lived.

Quick Reply: Hope All of you Have a Great Weekend...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.