Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Heads Up, More Air Canada fees coming >

Heads Up, More Air Canada fees coming

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Heads Up, More Air Canada fees coming

Old 04-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Spike

Default Heads Up, More Air Canada fees coming

Hi guys

Just read that Air Canada is going to be charging a $65.00 dollar fee per way($135.00 total) for you to bring your firearms on their aircrafts. Yes this also applies to Americans using Air Canada. It's not enough that they charge $150.00 for antlers(If you declare them) and $105.00 for an extra baggage in which by the way they dropped the limit from 70lbs to 50!!!!!! All this said, it also applies when your luggage and firearms don't arrive at the same time as you which is often. There is a way around it, don't fly with them!!!!! This year we will fly with West Jet which makes a connection from Toronto to Saskatoon so this might be an option. I just phoned them up(WJ) and they have no plans as of today of charging a fee for firearms. I read an article where an American said that Canadians do not want Amercan Business but this is not true. It seems Air Canada does not want your business. Hopefully I've been helpfull as I know it's almost time to book your flights for this Fall.

Cormier
Old 04-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Heads Up, More Air Canada fees coming

Cormier, you mean if I get a buck this year in Alberta I have to pay $150.00 to bring the antlers back to the US?
Old 04-23-2006, 06:58 PM

That sucks. Doesn't affect me much though. I'll stick to my area the way the price of travel is going.[&:] Time to load up my chevy cavalier for turkey hunting.[>:]

[/align]
Old 04-24-2006, 05:47 AM
Spike

Hi early in,

If you go look on Air Canada's Web site under check in luggage or dangerous goods you will see that it says that there is a charge of $150.00 to bring antlers on their aircraft. Last year when I saw this, I almost fell backwards as I had already booked with them. So, when we came back home they asked me if I had antlers and I told them no, just meat so I did not pay the fee. My Buddy panicked and said yes and she told him to dish out $150.00!!!!!!! What a rip off. Now this was at the Regina airport. Some clerks might be more lenient than others as well. This should never happen but to make sure, don't tell them. As for the $135.00 fee for firearms, it will be hard for them not to notice it so I guess that the ones that fly with AC will have to pay.

Cormier
Old 04-24-2006, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I belive I would be using UPS to ship my gun and horns I would be danged if I would give them a single penny. You know they got to be anti-gun and anti-hunting there is no need for that. I bet they don't charge an estra cent for some one to bring golf clubs that land wasting land grabbing aini-hunting anti-gun sport. No of coursr not thats the game of politicions and peta.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cormier, thanks for the info. I flew AC last year to Edmonton, I wasn't aware of that. It's bad enough they charge a $266.00 GST and I didn't even get some of it back. That is a rip off.[&o]I'll be flying AC again this year though. Oh well.