Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 CANADA LIBERALS SCRAP FEES IN FEDERAL GUN REGISTRY >

CANADA LIBERALS SCRAP FEES IN FEDERAL GUN REGISTRY

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

CANADA LIBERALS SCRAP FEES IN FEDERAL GUN REGISTRY

Old 05-20-2004, 07:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default CANADA LIBERALS SCRAP FEES IN FEDERAL GUN REGISTRY

It's not true,
I heard it on the local cjbq 800 am news this morning. The federal Canadian Liberal Goverment is scrapping the 2 billion dollar federal gun registry.

Thanks Swamp buck; I should have checked some other sources. It appears they are just scrapping the fees. I guess it was to good to be true that they were scrapping the whole thing. We can only hope for that, but I'll take the "no fees" for now.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CANADIAN GUN REGISTRY SCRAPPED BY LIBERALS

Maybe this will be a wake up call for the people down here who are trying to take away our guns!!
Old 05-20-2004, 12:39 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-20-2004, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

It's not being scrapped alltogether. Just changed. I found a bit about it on CBC. I posted a link in the Politics forum.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

"The Liberals announced an end to fees for registering guns and transferring their ownership, though the change won't be retroactive.

And contrary to some reports, it will still be a criminal offence not to register your gun.

The package will also include stronger measures to help law enforcement agencies deal with gun crime and smuggling. Criminal Code penalties for possession of loaded handguns in public places will be beefed up"
Thu, 20 May 2004
Above news release clearly shows the registry is going nowhere as long as the Liberals are at the helm. May I direct you to paragraph # 2 which clearly shows what most were hoping for is not being removed or changed...L&S guns are still required by letter of the law to be registered in canada. Scrapping the registry would admit fault which we all know isn't going to happen with the Liberals, they are simply pretending to care and listen by throwing a small bone in hopes for extra votes and still maintain the gun control folks vote.