Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

animals feeling....

Old 04-25-2006, 02:08 PM
G5

Default RE: animals feeling....

late last october i went out to my cabin and seen a dead buck laying across the river. i went to the truck to get some binocs and when i got back to glass the dead dear i spotted another buck behind it about 75yds or so. I watched the other buck come up on the dead buck, stared at it for few minutes, tried to fight it, stared at it some more, tried to fight it again. He was not feeling sorry at all. deer do not feel sorry for their dead friends, and i doubt they call them friends. i did have a fawn come back to the spot where i shot her mother once, dont think that was because she was feeling bad, more confused than anything else.

back to the dead buck, ended up being a bad bow kill with a less than ambitious traker. Dont know how long it was there but was to ripe for the taking by the time i found it.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:55 PM

i told her the only way to experience amazing experiences is to go hunting and educate herself and she told me well thatll never happen and bacically told me to p*** off so m done i told her all i could tryin to help her but she just wont listen
Old 04-27-2006, 05:28 AM

I hear the same things in my school...I just tell them they shoudn't eat meat cause those cows have familys alsolol

-Joe
Old 04-27-2006, 06:17 AM
Typical Buck

I can't see where a deer or any other animals have true feelings as humans describe them. If they do then they must know right from wrong. If they know that then they surly can tell the difference between good and evil. If they can tell that difference then instead of using my rifle I should hunt with my Bible and get a few of em' saved before the rapture comes and were all judged by the Almighty. Those who do not know my Lord God will not find themselves in his favor. If this is the case I pity all the deer, cows, crows, ants, hippies, and other such animals that are distend for hell. Alleluia, Amen.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:16 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Duck, tell that dame to smoke your meat whistle & call it a day
Old 04-27-2006, 03:21 PM

lol Garminator
Old 04-27-2006, 06:12 PM

I feel complelled to tell you a hunting story which occurred about three years ago. It was a cold December morning and I was gun hunting in the late rifle season in the second week of the Maryland gun season. Around 7:45, I saw a large doe that was walking up a draw with three other medium-sized doe. The only shot that presented itself was on one of the two, smaller-bodied does. I centered my crosshairs, and BOOM. I killed her on the spot. The large doe and the other yearling bounded off within seconds. After about a minute, the older doe (presumably the mother) came back. She brought flowers and was wearing a black headdress. She curled up next to the expired deer, curled up in the fetal position, and began bawling.

If you believe this, you should leave this site immediately. For the rest of you. Happy April 27th Fools Day.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:25 PM

Alot of anti's up here =\ Some people can't tell the difference between a deer and a moose (no joke),nor do they know much of anything about nature, yet they can preech how hunting is cruel and call it bloodsport etc. as theytake a big bite out of a roast beefsandwitch.Some people can be so ignorant. Sometimes I find myself at a loss of what to say due to the shallow mindedness and ignorance of some people. It's like arguing with a 4 year old...you can't win...even if you're right, your wrong...
Old 04-28-2006, 02:50 AM

There is a definition in the affect school of psychotherapy regarding feelings, that Iwould like to sharehere. Not that I claim this the only way of looking at the subject.

affects= the biological response (stressreaction, buzzing in the tummy)
feeling= when one can identifie and name the sensation ( Im scared)
emotion= when one understands the cause of the sensation (the lion might eat me)

Would it be OK with you folks if I said, that deer have affects, and maybe emotionsbutcertanly not feelings, in this definition. They spook, so they get into stress mode and run. But they probably dont tell themselves that they are affraid. Emotions, maybe they comprehend that they feel the way they do, because the big bad wolf is after them.

What are felings good for:
They show how important something is.
They make us act with the proper haste.
They communicate to others.
(like thoughts, they are not always correct)

Does your deer also flash a large white area in the rear when they flee? Would a deer always evaluate the situation completely before it runs away? Does a scared deer run faster than a neutral one?

I still say that deer musthave emotional responsesof sorts, or they would not have a limbic system in the brain,and they would not have behaved in such ways as they do. Given the importance of emotions for successful adaptation the scales tips that way, in my opinion.

But this have nothing to do with right or wrong. There is no connection between feelings and being right, having rights. Nor does this mean that we are obliged to feel sorry for deer, when we hunt them. We cannot know how a deer percieves the world. There is no evidence for deer feeling grief when losing a family member. So keep hunting the deer whatever their feelings may be. I will.