Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I need your oppinion

Old 03-22-2006, 05:37 PM

Default RE: I need your oppinion

A few of the things that drive me are; being a good steward of the land, all the prepatory work that goes into hunting like food plots and tree planting, pruning, setting up tree stands, studying and learning about wildlife. It has become an entire lifestyle for me. Of course my wife and I live off the meat. We butcher ourselves, make jerky, and sausage. We love photographing and studying the deer and other wildlife. I feel like we are making a difference in the enviroment. Also, I have a very stressful job, and it helps me to relax, it's one of the few times when I can really get my mind off work. It has become a way of life.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:40 PM
Dominant Buck

For part of your speech, if you wanna get religion involved, you can use Genesis 9:3 (I think), But look at the whole Genesis chapter 9 (its not very long)

10-4, that's good advice!
Old 03-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Typical Buck

For me it would have to be the challenge, (the pursuit..which probably ties into the challenge) and the love of nature. Nothing beats seeing all the beautiful sunrises and sunsets, seeing the critters come alive, and all the other things animals do that you can't always see on the nature channel. The pride and joy you have over a kill usually takes a back seat to everything else (unless it was a wiley pheasant that my dog tracked and tracked and tracked and I was able to harvest....but then again the kill takes a back seat to my dog's great performance. In this situation, the kill was more for the dog's enjoyment/reward than my own.) Just my $.02

EDIT: Another thing I really love is that I can get away from everything and put my troubles behind me while hunting....there's just something soothing about that.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:54 AM
Typical Buck

Like many others have said, for me it's about spending time in GODS COUNTRY, the peacefulness and solitude in the woods is one of the most amazing experiences I have everexperienced & I wouldn't trade it for the world. Don't get me wrong, given the opportunity, harvesting a deer is awesome, but that's just an added bonus in my opinion. The kind of camaraderie you'll experience with family and friends is like no other, not to mention the great people you meet while hunting. In my opinion, hunting is something that you must experience, because only talking about it doesn't do it justice. To give you an example of how passionate I am about hunting, second to the birth of my child, there is nothing that I would compare it to. Thank you for educating people on our wonderful sport & God Bless.