Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I need your oppinion

Old 03-20-2006, 10:11 AM

Default I need your oppinion

Hey ya'll I am in college, and I'm preparing a pesuasive speech on hunting. I need your oppinion on what drives you. What is your favorite aspect of hunting. Be it the challenge, the meat, the kill, or just love for the outdoors. Help me out and let me know what you think.......Thanks a bunch.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:16 AM

Default RE: I need your oppinion

For part of your speech, if you wanna get religion involved, you can use Genesis 9:3 (I think), But look at the whole Genesis chapter 9 (its not very long)

For me, it is the hunt that is the most exciting. The scouting, the preperation, the anticipation, belnding yourself with the surroundings, choosing the perfect animal...the hunt, for sure.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I definately love my venison so that sweet meat is a big priority. But as I've gotten older and my boys and nephews are now participating and comrodorie and the deer camp experience has become a huge part of it. And we do all enjoy the challenge that isdeer hunting.

But I have ALWAYS enjoyed the peacefulness and beauty of Mother Nature's gift to us. Whether a harvest is made or not.

I think you're speech will be more warmly welcomedby non-hunters (or maybe even anti's) if the word harvest is used rather than kill.

But you specifically want the favorite aspect? The comrodorie and camp experience of being out there with so many of the guys I love.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Here are a few.

The challenge {especially hunting on public property}
That moment when I take aim after hours of scouting and waiting.
The meat and smile on my wife's face when I score.
The quiet time sitting in my stand.
The other species of wildlife that can be observed.
The quiet wait one hour before dark as you hear animals walking around.
The communion with God as I sit in the school of silence.

I've tried out many churches this year ;as good ones are rare. So far my favorite seat in the church is this one. I sit with my Bble in hand and get very blessed.

Old 03-20-2006, 05:23 PM

I see things spending all day in the woods that most people will never see and I am not smart enough to put it into words. It is almost spiritual to sit on a ridge watching the woods wake up and come alive. The challenge of matching wits with a quarry with superior senses is also something that appeals to me. You have a real sense of accomplishment because it is so hard to be consistently successful.

Old 03-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Dominant Buck

VT Ridges
Amen...very well worded.
C7
Old 03-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

the reward of a kill is what drives me the most
Old 03-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

One day this last deer season I left the house for an afternoon hunt and it was in the 20's and snowing sideways. It was great. The feeling rushed over me that this is what it is all about. I was made for this stuff. I wasn't heading out to shoot a deer, I was heading out into the snow just to be in the woods. I knew I wasn't likely to shoot anything but there wasn't any place I would rather have been.

God leaves his evidence for us all through nature. All we have to do is open our eyes and see it.

PRICELESS!!!
Old 03-21-2006, 03:33 PM

For me it is not so much the harvest as it is the chase. I enjoying the challange of hunting an animal that has a nose 300 times better than any blood hound and the eye sight of a hawk.

Hopefully if all goes well then I have some meat in the freezer by the end of the season.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:28 PM

in order of my priorities:
time in the outdoors
time with friends doing what we love to do
challenge of the hunt/reward of the kill
venison in the freezer

Quick Reply: I need your oppinion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.