Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What types of things do you do while waiting .... >

What types of things do you do while waiting ....

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What types of things do you do while waiting ....

Old 10-18-2002, 11:49 AM

Default What types of things do you do while waiting ....

I get bored real easy so I was just wondering what all types of things do ppl do while waiting for that perfect deer to show up. I cut on a piece of wood.
Old 10-18-2002, 12:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What types of things do you do while waiting ....

Do not ask me why, but I must be easily amused, I am totally happy just watching the world go by, now my cousin would carve deke heads on stand, he killed a ton of deer so I would have to say deer must like the smell of wood shavings!

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Founder and President of
Virginia Disabled Outdoorsmen Club
Old 10-18-2002, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

Well not too much you can do except look at nature. I myself like to take a big fat chew. Sometimes I like to take out my binoculars and look through the woods. Sometimes you can see things or deer that you normally would not see with your own eyes. I dont like to look through them long though just because the glare from the binoculars. The deer might be able to pick that glare up depending on what kind you have.

Starrman

Ron Starr
Old 10-18-2002, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

i am easily ammused too...sitting there watching grinneys..squirrels...listening to the diffrent birds talk...jsut enjoying nature and thinking about life...

Old 10-18-2002, 04:51 PM

I move as little as possible and use my ears a whole lot. I don't know why but I can sit in a deer stand all day and not get bored. You let the fish not bite for one hour and I am ready to head for the house. I like watching squirrels, birds, etc.
Old 10-18-2002, 05:27 PM

My son and I are lucky enough to hunt a large farm 1000 ac.in preston co.W V with excellent deer hunting plus about every kind of game except wild boars .Last sat I watched a momma bear and 2 cubs for 10 min.Wed. I saw a coyote plus we see deer all day long,up there you really can't get bored.On the land we own in Monongalia co .the neighbors shoot everything that moves ,and believe me hunting there is boring...
Old 10-18-2002, 06:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Watch the deer.

Old 10-18-2002, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I visualize..........that huge buck coming down the path. That way whenever a doe or fawn walks in, I'm so anxious to see that huge one that I about have a heart attack evertime.
Old 10-18-2002, 09:17 PM

Ceaser8, i most always hunt the same spot-below an old long forgotten cemetary on a hill above my home. I set there and wait for deer and just take in nature and enjoy watching every thing that moves from field mice to deer. I like to watch the sun come up and look at the dew on the leaves and watch the spider webs with dew in them when the sun hits them just right, i find it all so fascinating. I also take along a western to read , usually a LouisLamour i read a bit and still listen and watch while reading. And i set and wonder and speculate about the people who are buried on that hill there next to where i set. I wonder who they were and what their lives were like. Most of all i enjoy the quietness of being alone. I am a person who needs alot of alone time so it makes me feel good to be out there alone in the woods.